Other American vehicles owned

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
What other non-Corvette US vehicles have you owned / do you own?
My list is short..
1932 Flathead V8 Ford Coupe imported from Connecticut..
Cars 32 SC small.jpg Cars 32 PE small.jpg
Cadillac CTS daily (a real GM American car not to be confused with the BLS which is a rebodied Saab).
Cars CTS b small.jpg Cars CTS f small.jpg
The Cadillac was replaced by this American car...
Cars TM3 small.jpg
There appears to be something wrong with my camera.. never mind, moving on..
Membership Ban in 5-4-3-2-
This is the only US Bike ive owned, a Harley D 1200 Sportster.
Bk 1200 small.jpg
(poor quality photo of a photo).

Anyone else care to share?..

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Does My 5.7 Litre Hemi V8 Jeep Grand Cherokee count ? Being UK spec it was built in Graz , Austria not Detroit ! This one is the second I have owned . 056.JPG

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
So was this.....
It does have quite a bit of Mercedes in it too!
:eek:;)
Is/was that yours?.. lovely.
Its the way its going, Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/Jeep have a bit of Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Citroën, DS, Fiat, Lancia, Maserati, Opel, Peugeot and Vauxhall in them now. :LOL:

BobbyV8

CCCUK Member
Lucky enough to own a 70 Mustang in 73 and a 66 Chevelle in the 80's but would have to get in the loft for photos of that. Not sure if a Triumph America counts 🤠

Attachments

• mustang.jpg
    mustang.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 2
  • mustang1.jpg
    mustang1.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1504296283742.jpg
    IMG_1504296283742.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 2

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Lucky enough to own a 70 Mustang in 73 and a 66 Chevelle in the 80's but would have to get in the loft for photos of that. Not sure if a Triumph America counts 🤠
I love Chevelles, i would so love a 1970, i wouldnt get it past the rear corner of the house to get it in the garage though.. i could always knock the house down i s'pose.
That would be like saying my Moto Guzzi California counts. :LOL:

BobbyV8

CCCUK Member
I love Chevelles, i would so love a 1970, i wouldnt get it past the rear corner of the house to get it in the garage though.. i could always knock the house down i s'pose.
That would be like saying my Moto Guzzi California counts. :LOL:
I'll probably get hate mail and banned from here but in the 90's I needed space for my C3 and nobody wanted the Chevelle so I took the motor and box out and it went to the scrapyard 😞

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Is/was that yours?.. lovely.
Its the way its going, Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/Jeep have a bit of Abarth, Alfa Romeo, Citroën, DS, Fiat, Lancia, Maserati, Opel, Peugeot and Vauxhall in them now. :LOL:
Over the years I have had 5 Vauxhalls , 1 Opel , 1 Ford and 1 Peugeot . Does that mean they count too ? :unsure: :LOL:

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Over the years I have had 5 Vauxhalls , 1 Opel , 1 Ford and 1 Peugeot . Does that mean they count too ? :unsure: :LOL:
I still cant get used to the idea that Opel/Vauxhall have switched from being General Motors to being part of the Chrysler group.
And Holden are no more, RIP (they switched from domestic production to rebadged Opel's for a short while before being laid to rest).
Times they are a changing.

Last edited:

Roscobbc

I still cant get used to the idea that Opel/Vauxhall have switched from being General Motors to being part of the Chrysler group.
And Holden are no more, RIP (they switched from domestic production to rebadged Opel's for a short while before being laid to rest).
Times they are a changing.
Derek - the Opel/Vauxhall 'switch' is far worse than you think - its actually the PSA Peugeot group that have taken them over - the 'irritating' advert that now says "Vauxhall, a british brand since 1908 (or something similar)"