Other American vehicles owned

Roscobbc

A few from a good few years ago - apologies for quality of images.......
'66 Galaxie 7 Litre (428cu in & 4 speed)
'67 Fairlane 390 GTA
'70 Mustang Vert (fully loaded with Pony interior but smallest 6 banger engine and 3 speed manual - probably the most horrible car I've ever driven)
'68 Javelin 343 V8

1620381253324.png

67Fairlane.jpg69Mustang.jpg71Mustang429SCJ.jpgJavelin3.jpg

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Derek - the Opel/Vauxhall 'switch' is far worse than you think - its actually the PSA Peugeot group that have taken them over - the 'irritating' advert that now says "Vauxhall, a british brand since 1908 (or something similar)"
PSA for a short while, its all 'Stellantis' now.. silly name. :LOL:

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
I cant believe that we are half way down the 2nd page and i still havent received any abuse / insults / derision / disdain / animosity / hostility etc etc etc for this one...
Did i disguise it too well or something? Or have i spent way too much time on Facebook and YouTube comments in the past so that ive just come to expect it?
Cars TM3 small.jpg
I reckon the odds on me being the only member of the Corvette club with one of these must be a pretty safe bet.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
A toy battery powered car !!! :eek: I am sure we can all launch a tirade of abuse , derision , animosity and even death threats if you like Derek just to make you feel more at home if you are missing the internet trolls ! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
A toy battery powered car !!! :eek: I am sure we can all launch a tirade of abuse , derision , animosity and even death threats if you like Derek just to make you feel more at home if you are missing the internet trolls ! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Death threats might be going a bit too far, this isnt YouTube you know. :LOL:

antijam

CCCUK Member
I cant believe that we are half way down the 2nd page and i still havent received any abuse / insults / derision / disdain / animosity / hostility etc etc etc for this one...
Did i disguise it too well or something? Or have i spent way too much time on Facebook and YouTube comments in the past so that ive just come to expect it?
View attachment 10694
I reckon the odds on me being the only member of the Corvette club with one of these must be a pretty safe bet.
While there might be resistance to accepting Watt many consider a revolting switch from internal combustion, we should accept it as an example of current endeavours to rectify global warming, providing the spur to tread new ground.

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
I'll probably get hate mail and banned from here but in the 90's I needed space for my C3 and nobody wanted the Chevelle so I took the motor and box out and it went to the scrapyard 😞
No you will not get banned from here, the whole point is you had a Chevelle - 454 I hope?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
While there might be resistance to accepting Watt many consider a revolting switch from internal combustion, we should accept it as an example of current endeavours to rectify global warming, providing the spur to tread new ground.
Don`t even try to INDUCE me to TRANSFORM my CAPACITANCE to RECTIFY my views on the highly CHARGED subject of global warming and the misleading information CONDUCTED by governments and other agencies that only DIVERTS the carbon footprint to somewhere else . :(

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Don`t even try to INDUCE me to TRANSFORM my CAPACITANCE to RECTIFY my views on the highly CHARGED subject of global warming and the misleading information CONDUCTED by governments and other agencies that only DIVERTS the carbon footprint to somewhere else . :(
The reasons i bought it are that i test drove it and really liked it and it costs me £2-50 to fillerup (overnight 5p per kwh).
Lets not get into the climate change debate but as regards the change to EV's, the way i see it is that most people are not car enthusiasts and dont care whats powering their cars. Once the majority have switched over the government will have to look elsewhere to meet their targets. The classic car hobby being a completely insignificant part of the 'problem' but with some influential participants and contributing a significant amount of money to the UK economy will be left well alone.

Roscobbc

View attachment 10694
It could have been a Chrysler PT Cruiser.........:devilish:

Roscobbc

The reasons i bought it are that i test drove it and really liked it and it costs me £2-50 to fillerup (overnight 5p per kwh).
Lets not get into the climate change debate but as regards the change to EV's, the way i see it is that most people are not car enthusiasts and dont care whats powering their cars. Once the majority have switched over the government will have to look elsewhere to meet their targets. The classic car hobby being a completely insignificant part of the 'problem' but with some influential participants and contributing a significant amount of money to the UK economy will be left well alone.
I really get these types of vehicles - especially for city use. Last three daily drivers were hybrids - best one was a BMW 'plug-in' hybrid. Never got around to a full electric, range now on even something like a Niro or Zoe is 'manageable' for daily use. Unfortunately prurchase prices are perhaps not 'manageable'.

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
.....or even a Plymouth Prowler! :eek:;)

The Chevy HHR Panel is another one in the same vein. Theres only a couple of these in the UK, not to everyones liking i know.
I like them providing theyre not 'customised' in the usual PT manner by sticking loads of crap from Halfords/ebay all over them.

HHR Panel.jpg