Other classic cars

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Of course everyone thinks of a red Corvette. The C1 with coves is usually always shown Red with White coves, even on classic Route 66 signs and paraphernalia. In reality No Red -white cove corvette was used in the route 66 series. In all fairness Red is a lovely Color for a corvette, and I’ve had my fair share of red ones. Especially if it’s also got a red interior.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Love red interior as long as it's not faded from the sun (mine suffers from this). My dream stingray is silver with red interior.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Big fan of blue cars too . Blue looks good on almost anything . Had several blue cars over the years , 2 Vauxhalls , Toyota MR2 , Marcos Mantara in Mauritius Blue and my Jeep Grand Cherokee is Midnight Blue Metallic that looks great when the sun catches it .
To prove the point that most things look good in blue , and the bigger and blue`r the better ! The Garter Blue livery adopted by the London & North Eastern Railway in the 1930`s for their prestige A4 Pacific express locos was very eye catching . 4498 ` Sir Nigel Gresley ` sported raised polished stainless steel numbers and letters on the tender for extra effect in true Art Deco style . It was the first A4 Pacific I worked on as a Fireman which was an experience not to be LNER_A4_4498_Sir_Nigel_Gresley_&_80079,_Northwich_from_The_Mayflower_train,_May_1980_Slides177...jpgforgotten for the pose value alone . :cool:
Not in the 1930`s I hasten to add though . :LOL:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Another fan of blue cars here (and my missus loves blue cars too) - until I sold my Focus recently, we had 3 blue cars in our household. Only my FTO is red. Now down to only two blue cars - her Citroen and my Vette. We have ordered a new car though - naturally it is blue.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Another fan of blue cars here (and my missus loves blue cars too) - until I sold my Focus recently, we had 3 blue cars in our household. Only my FTO is red. Now down to only two blue cars - her Citroen and my Vette. We have ordered a new car though - naturally it is blue.
My missus loves blue cars too , she loved the MR2 like a pet and kept it for years and called it ` Beanie` because she thought it was like Caribean Blue .

Roscobbc

We all have our favourites - mine are early/mid sixties USA Ford's......top spec' 'full size' Galaxies and 'intermediate' sized Fairlanes (and later Torino)......390GT/428CJ cu in engines specifically, manual transmissions preferrably. Ford were first with a 427 cu in engine in early 60's but unlike GM's more 'cooking' examples of 427 cu in engines Ford's 427 was close to being a full race engine (rated at 425 hp with dual quads) and did quite well on the strip and Nascar ovals. There were a few full race 'cammer' version built which were banned by the race authorites and one final really hot version (before the street spec' 428 Cobra Jet engines) - and that was the 427 Tunnel Port engine. This was supposed to be way over 500 hp with inlet ports so large the pushrods actually had to run through a tube in the inlet tract. One of these is currently up for sale on Car and Classic - it can't be the real 'thing' - with only a 150 or so built in 66' and '67 if it was the 'real thing' would be at least $500K. Guess it was built as a 'tribute' car some years back. Presumably the engine is the 'real deal'? Understated or what! 1967 Ford Fairlane For Sale
1967-ford-fairlane-643be2c1d0ff1.jpg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
We all have our favourites - mine are early/mid sixties USA Ford's......top spec' 'full size' Galaxies and 'intermediate' sized Fairlanes (and later Torino)......390GT/428CJ cu in engines specifically, manual transmissions preferrably. Ford were first with a 427 cu in engine in early 60's but unlike GM's more 'cooking' examples of 427 cu in engines Ford's 427 was close to being a full race engine (rated at 425 hp with dual quads) and did quite well on the strip and Nascar ovals. There were a few full race 'cammer' version built which were banned by the race authorites and one final really hot version (before the street spec' 428 Cobra Jet engines) - and that was the 427 Tunnel Port engine. This was supposed to be way over 500 hp with inlet ports so large the pushrods actually had to run through a tube in the inlet tract. One of these is currently up for sale on Car and Classic - it can't be the real 'thing' - with only a 150 or so built in 66' and '67 if it was the 'real thing' would be at least $500K. Guess it was built as a 'tribute' car some years back. Presumably the engine is the 'real deal'? Understated or what! 1967 Ford Fairlane For Sale
1967-ford-fairlane-643be2c1d0ff1.jpg
I’m also a lover of “full Size” coupes and especially convertibles.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
This 1967 Impala coupe has the 427 in it.
Love the colour, love the car.
All it needs is the optional hideaways.
C12033E7-E28D-4DD4-A15E-1EE732ECE659.jpeg

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
If you like blue and big grills , how about this stunning Buick Eight that was at the Stoney Stratford Classic last summer .DSC_0473.JPGDSC_0476.JPG

antijam

CCCUK Member
Have to admit I'm another blue freak. When I restored my Daimler I returned it to its original 'Jaguar Indigo blue'with cream trim...

Daimler_SP250_'Dart'.jpg
...and when the new S550 Mustang was announced with the colour combination of 'Deep Impact blue' with 'Ceramic' trim, it was love at first sight for me. By the time I'd finished dithering about spec and delivery times and was ready to order - Deep impact Blue was discontinued! None of the other blues available worked for me so i searched around and found a low mileage second-hand in DIB + Ceramic trim instead. On a sunny day when it's just been cleaned it still knocks me out :love:

P1280415.JPG