Other classic cars

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
They did indeed get larger and more detailed over the years. 1979 was the first year for the larger phoenix’s. The 79 10th anniversary edition’s was great, very colourful. But the earlier plain bird on 74/76 models looks so right and period.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Anybody remember the series McCoy starring Tony Curtis from 1976. he had the exact same car as the silver T/A above.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
On the road today and stopped at the M6 Toll services for lunch and found this C8 parked next to my Jag when I came out. Lovely shade of blue and he must have seen my plate I would have thought. Didn't have time to wait unfortunately..

20230525_124125_resized.jpg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
A colleague at work had a beautiful 89 300SL in blue/Black with a grey leather interior. She’s had it about 28 years, she bought it off Hugh Laurie who bought it new. Unfortunately it’s now not ULEZ compliant so is kept outside the zone.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Those R129’s are so good value for money nowadays. A friend bought a new 300SL 24 in 1992, cost him £56k from Alan Day ( Mercedes main dealer now long gone) A lot of flash for a little cash comes to mind. Soft top motoring at its finest.

liquidsilver

CCCUK Member
I bought mine about 7 years ago for 10k it’s now worth 25k. Good 129 are very sought after now particularly the e@rly ones.
mainly due to the massive increase in prices for the 113 and 107. But as the saying goes - there is no such thing as a cheap Mercedes.
Buy the best car you can afford and still be prepared for unexpected bills. It will be cheaper in the long run as a lot of parts are NLA.