Other classic cars

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I do love a F body, especially in Trans Am trim. I’m trying to remember what film the silver one is from 🤔 can’t seem to remember at the moment but it will come to me.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Some of the paintwork on those lowriders is absolutely fantastic. Some very talented people out there. Only ever drove one once, was in south beach in the 80’s and there was a meet there. Got talking and said we didn’t have anything like it in the UK ( at that time) they were very surprised. He then asked me if I wanted to cruise Collins avenue. I jumped at the chance. Loved it.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
And this is what happened to one smart ass owner who thought he could do the tuning himself

I think he owned Fords before, :)
and decided he would add boost and no experience in proper and correct tuning practices !

94.jpg95.jpg96.jpg98.jpg101.jpg788.jpg789.jpg790.jpg792.jpg820.jpg

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
If I can see daylight in the Engine bay, then shoved a C6
More info on 08 Solstice LS2 engine and tranny in this little Solstice

The whole works for this racer, Custom CAM, larger fuel injectors, LS3 ported heads, lightweight clutch and flywheel

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Beautiful dash in that 1936 DeSoto, that steering wheel is fabulous.

I agree, very nice looking when sitting in the car and smelled like wood.
Every original gauge worked, and the seat were like very comfy, but it sits so low that easy to hit curbs when going over them
Weighs like a tank and floats like a boat.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I agree, very nice looking when sitting in the car and smelled like wood.
Every original gauge worked, and the seat were like very comfy, but it sits so low that easy to hit curbs when going over them
Weighs like a tank and floats like a boat.
I once imported a 1936 Ford for a client from a museum in NC. That had a similar interior tho not a nice as the DeSoto’s. Plenty of wood, beautiful steering wheel. It was also a nice place to be. The trim was all by Lebaron Bonney. Had a Flathead V8 in it, drove very well.

Roscobbc

HMN0322-MCP-1970FordTorino-Cobra-F3Qtr_5141-new.jpg

Do you want to about one of the 'real' muscle cars - the ones that those 'in the know' would buy but were possibly ignored then (and now) by the masses - interesting read in Hemmings
https://www.hemmings.com/stories/20...aily&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=2022-03-02

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
The 1969 Torino dash was fine IMO, a nice selection of pods. The 1970 was a complete disaster. Soo plain compared to the 1970 mustang, and 1971 wasn’t much better. Again the all new mustang for 1971 was quite nice, especially when you ordered the additional gauges for the centre console, as shown in the picture