What happened to rock?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Chuffer, I NEED one of those T Shirts! Second loudest band I've seen The Who at NEC, boy it was loud! Loudest band? Some rockers (can't even remember their name) at some Dive in Digbeth (Bham) It was painful, hahahaha 🤣 Went through a door into a corridor, down corridor through a door into the gents through a door into a cubicle, it was STILL too LOUD!!!! I've got that Tinitus! LOL 🤣😆
My dearly beloved bought me the T shirt , don`t know where from . Ah , Digbeth ! the cultural centre of Brum :LOL: Just the place for Bonzo , Planty etc to hang out ! I had my ears bled by the Who at a one day festival they did at Swansea Uni in about 1970 . I was there with my mates and our van as roadies for our other mates band called Tarsus that were about bottom of the pecking order on the gig list . At least we got in for free and had a blast (y)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Now ya talkin` ! Blodwyn Pig too (y) I sometimes propped up the bar with Mick Abrahams in Dukes Bar , Milton Keynes in mid 1980`s . It was a great live rock venue on a Friday night and I would regularly get hammered on Molsen with my guitarist mate from the band we were in and his brother who had been bass player with Marillion . My girlfriend , now my lovely wife used to drive us home totally smashed at about 2.00am :LOL:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Could converse on this subject for hours, but we'd bore the younger ones. Must have a chat when this is all over. I'm So'Mids.
Aw ! Bostin mate , really look forward to that . And don`t worry about boring the young `uns , it can be part of their education :LOL:

Corvetteville

CCCUK Member
Now ya talkin` ! Blodwyn Pig too (y) I sometimes propped up the bar with Mick Abrahams in Dukes Bar , Milton Keynes in mid 1980`s . It was a great live rock venue on a Friday night and I would regularly get hammered on Molsen with my guitarist mate from the band we were in and his brother who had been bass player with Marillion . My girlfriend , now my lovely wife used to drive us home totally smashed at about 2.00am :LOL:
Like it. If you were in a band you need to talk to my brother. Drummer, Mia & the Blackhawks, previously a Brum band The Great Outdoors

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Hi Brummie , The band I was in was was only bunch of rank amateurs who were all old mates and just did a few pub gigs and private parties for the craic ! When we started out it was just payment in beer at our local . Never made a dime because we always spent what we got paid on improving the sound system . I was lead singer and we covered all sorts from early rock and roll , to a few Stones and Beatles , to Eagles , Delametre , Dire Straits . Me and my lead guitarist mate where much more blues / rock orientated than the other guys and really wanted to go more in that direction but two others were real Folkies and went back into the Folk scene so eventually packed up . Had some fun though and got invited to jam with my mate brother from Marillion and some real class musicians on occasion . Also did a short spell with an old rugby mate who had a folk / rock band that was very Jethro Tull inspired with his miss`s on flute . They wrote all their own material . Also did a guest spot with an all girl rock band as I worked with the lead singer at the time in my everyday job . Their lead guitarist was well butch and damned good guitarist and we did a great cover of the blues classic `Crossroads ` by Cream . One my all time faves ! That could have really gone somewhere but the guitarist ran off with the female drummer and that split the band up :rolleyes:

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
Listening to classic rock and it sounds amazing on my headphones. What happened to rock bands? I never hear rock on the radio...

Van Halen - Jump and some Ratt songs and Led Zeppelin - Kashmir if anyone was wondering. 😅

Need to burn a CD for the future C3.
You cant beat a classic and there's loads out there but my favourite rock band last 5 years is RIVAL SONS. Check them out. Ive seen these guys live 4 times now and they never disappoint. 'Where Ive been' and 'Jordan' are slower ballady type tunes which really show off the vocal range of Jay Buchannan the singer. Then for something with a bit more balls check out 'Electric Man' & 'Feral Roots'

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
You cant beat a classic and there's loads out there but my favourite rock band last 5 years is RIVAL SONS. Check them out. Ive seen these guys live 4 times now and they never disappoint. 'Where Ive been' and 'Jordan' are slower ballady type tunes which really show off the vocal range of Jay Buchannan the singer. Then for something with a bit more balls check out 'Electric Man' & 'Feral Roots'
Will have to look them up , they sound interesting . (y)