What have YOU being doing or are you planning to do with your Vette?

antijam

CCCUK Member
@Chuffer why have kids if you don't want them?
Most of our species succumb in our 20's - 30's to the breeding imperative built into our genes - the same genes that you fondly imagine are going to produce the next Einstein or Albert Schweitzer. It's only when the fruit of your loins reaches teen-hood that you realise just how misguided you were.......👎;)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Most of our species succumb in our 20's - 30's to the breeding imperative built into our genes - the same genes that you fondly imagine are going to produce the next Einstein or Albert Schweitzer. It's only when the fruit of your loins reaches teen-hood that you realise just how misguided you were.......👎;)
Then if you are lucky like me , they stop being teenage neanderthols and blossom into fine adults and parents themselves . What goes around comes around !

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
@teamzr1 nice paintjob and wow a proper spoiler.

The worst drivers are the ones that sit right behind you even though you're at the speed limit and once they overtake they go straight back to your speed... ðŸĪŠ

James that is a rear wing, and depending on the angle I set and the height on the rear wicker puts down about 900 pounds of downforce when over 160 MPH

But both my C4 ZR-1s had a BIG ass wing :)

pe6993.jpg

bb9.jpg
Spoiler is smaller surface area and different shape and is more to smooth the air out and does give downforce but not as much as a wing

James Vette

CCCUK Member
James that is a rear wing, and depending on the angle I set and the height on the rear wicker puts down about 900 pounds of downforce when over 160 MPH

But both my C4 ZR-1s had a BIG ass wing :)

View attachment 14180

View attachment 14179
Spoiler is smaller surface area and different shape and is more to smooth the air out and does give downforce but not as much as a wing
That's awesome and nice corvette museum sticker on the hood.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Take it nice and easy, as your not used to LHD . Also pick it up and drive it back in daylight. I sold a corvette recently to a chap his first LHD, picked it up at 8.00pm pitch black to drive it home.
I think my dream job would be selling classic muscle cars with a nice showroom.

Roscobbc

Allways found driving a 'full size' American car far easier to judge width and 'place it' on difficult, narrow roads if LHD - 60's Yanks were great - large semi-vertical glass areas and front/rear ends make parking and judging gaps so easy.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I drove 1975 Lincoln MK4 recently and couldn’t believe I used to drive things that big back in the day. Dad bought one new in 75 and back then it was just a big yank. Now it’s a monster. I was very aware of its size in todays traffic.

richie500

CCCUK Member
I think my dream job would be selling classic muscle cars with a nice showroom.
My dream job was selling Harley Davidson motorcycles until I saw the General manager of my local Harley dealership giving this old salesman a telling off for missing his target.
Unfortunately no dream jobs are what they seem.

richie500

CCCUK Member
I drove 1975 Lincoln MK4 recently and couldn’t believe I used to drive things that big back in the day. Dad bought one new in 75 and back then it was just a big yank. Now it’s a monster. I was very aware of its size in todays traffic.
Hey Nassau
your not by any chance Huggy Bear
Screen Shot 2021-11-08 at 15.14.27.png
The 75 Lincoln Continental was one weirdly good looking car very cool....

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Hey Nassau
your not by any chance Huggy Bear
View attachment 14185
The 75 Lincoln Continental was one weirdly good looking car very cool....
I always thought the `75 Continental looked good in a totally OTT sort of way . Cannot imagine driving one on UK roads though . A bit like navigating an aircraft carrier , but with more wallow ! Would definitely would need the snappy duds to go with it . Yo Dude ! :LOL:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I always thought the `75 Continental looked good in a totally OTT sort of way . Cannot imagine driving one on UK roads though . A bit like navigating an aircraft carrier , but with more wallow ! Would definitely would need the snappy duds to go with it . Yo Dude ! :LOL:
Including dads, we had 4 Lincoln MK4’s in crouch end at the time. Unfortunately dads one caught fire and destroyed itself along with a Trans Am that was parked next to it.

Roscobbc

At 19 foot long the Mark IV Conti was 18" longer than the mid 60's Galaxies I owned and drove in the 70's. Following USA's impact regulations in the early 70's most American cars had huge energy absorbing bumpers that would add an extra 8" to 10" front and rear - couple that with the Conti's extended hood and sloping rear window it would have been very difficult to judge each end of the car when parking (and without 'modern' aids like front and rear cameras or radar sensors) - Strangely reminisent of driving a C3 Vette with its pointed 'conk' and frontal overhang and how easy it is to 'touch' something.o_O

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Including dads, we had 4 Lincoln MK4’s in crouch end at the time. Unfortunately dads one caught fire and destroyed itself along with a Trans Am that was parked next to it.
I should think 4 Lincolns just about filled Crouch End ! :ROFLMAO: Bummer about the fire trashing a Trans Am though , don`t tell James though as he`s likely to become suicidal. :rolleyes:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
At 19 foot long the Mark IV Conti was 18" longer than the mid 60's Galaxies I owned and drove in the 70's. Following USA's impact regulations in the early 70's most American cars had huge energy absorbing bumpers that would add an extra 8" to 10" front and rear - couple that with the Conti's extended hood and sloping rear window it would have been very difficult to judge each end of the car when parking (and without 'modern' aids like front and rear cameras or radar sensors) - Strangely reminisent of driving a C3 Vette with its pointed 'conk' and frontal overhang and how easy it is to 'touch' something.o_O
Yes indeed , I have had a few `close calls` with the C3 when parking up to something , especially with the low front splitter in parkng bay curbs . About as tricky as buffering up this long , lean beast ! Add about another 2500 bhp on tap and combined steam / vacuum brakes with far less ` feel` and it certainly focuses the mind . :eek:Me on 60009 Union of South Africa.jpg

Attachments

• Me on 60009 Union of South Africa.jpg
    Me on 60009 Union of South Africa.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 6

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
View attachment 14186 with the low front splitter in parkng bay curbs . :eek:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Yes, they were certainly an eyeful and surprisingly very easy to sell back then, along with most full size yanks.
I remember quite well the first time I bumped a Corvettes pointed nose. It was and probably still is quite easy to do if your not used to one.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
One of the first clunkers I had as a teenager was a 1954 Buick Roadmaster 4 door
Has a big block engine to be able to move this tank with powergluide tranny
Damn engine would not even turn over in the mornings of the Chicago winters of like -20 deg F
Had to put an electric heater in a coolant radiator hose to keep it from freezing up

Only good point was great to use to take a chick to a movie drive-in, lots of room inside :)

54buickrm.jpg

Ugh, now reminds of the 2 tone paint jobs in those days :(

Worse was I had like a 1965 rambler that not only was 2 tone paint but was white and like pink :( :(
and had a push buttons on the dash to control the tranny !
Was a bitch going to school and parking that slug and everyone laughing at me ! :(

1963-amc-rambler.jpg