What have YOU being doing or are you planning to do with your Vette?

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
James sounds like you now have your Corvette, if so it's time to join the club.
^^ This. I want to see pictures and so forth, and a write up of your story of getting your Corvette and how your managed to sort out the insurance, as you said that was an issue before.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
I got the insurance down quite a lot and it will drop almost half next year but I refurbish gearboxes as my side income so that will cover it. Need to tinker with it this weekend so it idles right. Very awesome.

antijam

CCCUK Member
I suppose he did what everybody else does, contact everybody for quotes and if ones reasonable take it. There’s always somebody who wants your business.
Insurers certainly seem to be scrabbling around for business at the moment. I've just had the renewal for my Mustang and the price was £110 down on last years. After finding a quote on a comparison site £133 lower than this, I went back to my current insurer and asked if they'd match it. No problem Sir! So my renewal is now £243 lower than last year....:):)
However, I hit 80 next year so doubt if I'll still be smiling then ....:(

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Insurers certainly seem to be scrabbling around for business at the moment. I've just had the renewal for my Mustang and the price was £110 down on last years. After finding a quote on a comparison site £133 lower than this, I went back to my current insurer and asked if they'd match it. No problem Sir! So my renewal is now £243 lower than last year....:):)
However, I hit 80 next year so doubt if I'll still be smiling then ....:(
80 years young.

antijam

CCCUK Member
So where did you get your insurance and what was the grip in the end ? It might help club members in their search .
I always do a comparison website search when insuring or re-insuring a car. Last year Ford Insure came up cheapest on the Mustang at £697 (my track record is not perfect) and this year I ended up re-insuring with them at £454. Ford Insure policies are underwritten by EUI who in turn are a subsidiary of Admiral. I haven't found them competitive for the other five cars I own, three of which - including the 'Vette - are 'Classics'.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Drives better than expected and very fun! Didn't realise just how narrow and awkward our roads actually are until today. o_O The bad paint makes it look like something from Mad Max.😎 I'll get some photos when I take it out again.
Your C3 is only 30 mm wider but 643 mm longer than the current 5 door Mini One . So not a huge difference . I thank what is causing you scary issues is driving a left hooker on our roads .

Roscobbc

Your C3 is only 30 mm wider but 643 mm longer than the current 5 door Mini One . So not a huge difference . I thank what is causing you scary issues is driving a left hooker on our roads .
I would practise 'kerb hugging' in a RHD car and leaning to the centre of the car with left arm resting on centre console....helps to judge things from a different perspective perhaps.....

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Indeed, it does take some getting used to. When my friend sold XFM he returned his company jeep Cherokee and bought a new 5.9 Grand Cherokee which was only available in LHD. He got the first one in the UK, drove it round to me to see if it was OK, because he thought something was wrong with it. I told him it was just that he wasn’t used to driving LHD. He soon got the hang of it. That was one fast jeep.

antijam

CCCUK Member
When first driving the C3 I found that aligning the 'kink point' between the wing and bonnet, arrowed blue in this pic....

drive1.JPG

.....with the kerb or side of the road positioned the car nicely. This will of course depend a bit on your stature and driving position but give it a try on a quiet road then stop and open the door to see how close or far from the side you are. Once you identify a point on the car to align as reference, it quickly becomes second nature.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Indeed, it does take some getting used to. When my friend sold XFM he returned his company jeep Cherokee and bought a new 5.9 Grand Cherokee which was only available in LHD. He got the first one in the UK, drove it round to me to see if it was OK, because he thought something was wrong with it. I told him it was just that he wasn’t used to driving LHD. He soon got the hang of it. That was one fast jeep.
Which model was that ? the WK model V8 has the 5.7 Hemi and the SRT version had a 6.1 . Later model Grand Cherokee SRT`s were 6.4 litre I believe . I have a WK 5.7 Litre with upgraded induction . Lovely induction noise when you give it the beans and surprises quite a few people with it acceleartion as it`s a bit of Q car . It is RHD and my daily driver . As you say , one quick Jeep and I love it . Puts a smile on my face when not driving the Vette . :D