What have YOU being doing or are you planning to do with your Vette?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
We nearly always had a wagon about growing up, mainly because we had large dogs, Alsatians ( German Shepard) Great Danes and Irish wolfhounds. A lot of the time we had ramblers as they were available new here, and excellent value and available in RHD, which made them easier to sell. They had a place over west London where they converted them from LHD to RHD. When they pulled out of the UK market in 75 I think, they were selling off the stock, dad bought the last three wagons for peanuts. He also bought a lot of the wooden skin for the sides/tailgate.

Roscobbc

One of the first clunkers I had as a teenager was a 1954 Buick Roadmaster 4 door
Has a big block engine to be able to move this tank with powergluide tranny
Damn engine would not even turn over in the mornings of the Chicago winters of like -20 deg F
Had to put an electric heater in a coolant radiator hose to keep it from freezing up

Only good point was great to use to take a chick to a movie drive-in, lots of room inside :)

View attachment 14188

Ugh, now reminds of the 2 tone paint jobs in those days :(

Worse was I had like a 1965 rambler that not only was 2 tone paint but was white and like pink :( :(
and had a push buttons on the dash to control the tranny !
Was a bitch going to school and parking that slug and everyone laughing at me ! :(

View attachment 14189
Kenosha Cadillac's......

Roscobbc

We nearly always had a wagon about growing up, mainly because we had large dogs, Alsatians ( German Shepard) Great Danes and Irish wolfhounds. A lot of the time we had ramblers as they were available new here, and excellent value and available in RHD, which made them easier to sell. They had a place over west London where they converted them from LHD to RHD. When they pulled out of the UK market in 75 I think, they were selling off the stock, dad bought the last three wagons for peanuts. He also bought a lot of the wooden skin for the sides/tailgate.
Didn't realise that AMC were doing RHD conversions in London. My '68 Javelin (bought in 75/76) was RHD. I always presumed it was cobbled-up from an Ambassador RHD sedan as the Javelin has been in a minor fire.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Yes, Rambler/AMC had their warehouse/conversion centre in Acton. The RHD dashes and required kit came over in each car. They were always very very nice people to deal with, and would bend over backwards to help.

Roscobbc

Yes, Rambler/AMC had their warehouse/conversion centre in Acton. The RHD dashes and required kit came over in each car. They were always very very nice people to deal with, and would bend over backwards to help.
It would be interesting to know how many were imported, what models and what happened to them all.......I suspect the UK climate wasn't kind to them snd perhaps the perceived image of perhaps 6 banger 4 door cars didn't help.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
One of the first clunkers I had as a teenager was a 1954 Buick Roadmaster 4 door
Has a big block engine to be able to move this tank with powergluide tranny
Damn engine would not even turn over in the mornings of the Chicago winters of like -20 deg F
Had to put an electric heater in a coolant radiator hose to keep it from freezing up

Only good point was great to use to take a chick to a movie drive-in, lots of room inside :)

View attachment 14188

Ugh, now reminds of the 2 tone paint jobs in those days :(

Worse was I had like a 1965 rambler that not only was 2 tone paint but was white and like pink :( :(
and had a push buttons on the dash to control the tranny !
Was a bitch going to school and parking that slug and everyone laughing at me ! :(

View attachment 14189
Rock n Roll ! They would be really cool cars now . :cool: (y)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Talking of rare US metal , I passed an AMX Javelin near Chipping Norton on Saturday . Not often you see one of them on the road . It was white and not the best colour for them IMO .

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Talking of rare US metal , I passed an AMX Javelin near Chipping Norton on Saturday . Not often you see one of them on the road . It was white and not the best colour for them IMO .

I think it was 1969 American Motors Rambler AMX was a shocker and a sleeper
With a 390 CI Engine and sweet 4 speed manual
A buddy bought one new, so I challenged him to drag racing as thinking this would be an easy kill with my 1969 Mach I Mustang

He blew my doors off multi times and I had to go hide for like 3 days when a fricking Rambler stomped me ! :)

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Kenosha Cadillac's......

My 1993 Caddy 4 door, Deville 60 special
has 4.9L engine that sits in the engine bay sideways as front-wheel drive I use to go to the store.
This tank is like 25 feet long.
I tuned the ECM's calibration, so it can spin the tires at dead stop if good road conditions and punks freak out
when I pull them at stop lights ! :)

Bitch is I have had this for like 22 years and to this day have not changed the spark plugs because there is no
room to get to them, like best, would be lower the engine !
But still runs good

93caddy.jpg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
The old 1994-96 fleetwoods were a bit of a sleeper as well . 5:7 motors, for BIG cars they were pretty fast. The last one I owned was a very nice example . Triple black, it could really move . Sold it to a chap in Ireland.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Drives better than expected and very fun! Didn't realise just how narrow and awkward our roads actually are until today. o_O The bad paint makes it look like something from Mad Max.😎 I'll get some photos when I take it out again.