What have YOU being doing or are you planning to do with your Vette?

James Vette

CCCUK Member
B4E717AC-3222-4087-8C10-D28E2AE9631D.jpeg
I'm so happy with these classic radio dials that arrived. No scratches or anything and came with chrome tuners. I can't wait to put my new stuff on the car in the spring.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I thought you said you had a aftermarket radio in your car, as you were looking for an original one? Will these knobs fit your aftermarket set, or are these for the original set when you get it?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
In all I saw 5 newish mustangs today, all RHD. Ford really took the bull by the horns offering the mustang in RHD. It suddenly opened up the mustang to people that wouldn’t dream of owning/driving an American car.
chrysler proved that when they produced their Voyager in RHD. They were everywhere.
The same thing will probably happen or is happening with the RHD C8.

antijam

CCCUK Member
In all I saw 5 newish mustangs today, all RHD. Ford really took the bull by the horns offering the mustang in RHD. It suddenly opened up the mustang to people that wouldn’t dream of owning/driving an American car.
chrysler proved that when they produced their Voyager in RHD. They were everywhere.
The same thing will probably happen or is happening with the RHD C8.
Chrysler hooked me in with the 300C Touring.....
IMGP0899-001.JPG
Not the 'Hemi' and not the best made car I've ever owned ( I had three sets of wheels under warranty) and not a particularly practical Estate but a great tourer - and that road presence (particularly with the 'Bentley' grille) ! Certainly not as big a seller over here as the Voyager nor in the States in Dodge Magnum form. Sadly it had to go as my wife found it impossible to drive - even with the blocks I fitted to the pedals!

Then a few years later Ford put the steering wheel on the right side in the Mustang and I was hooked again.....
P1280414.JPG
With the 'Coyote' quad cam V8 25 mpg is attainable with a light right foot (try getting that from any Classic 'Vette). Even after after five years of ownership it still gets smiles and comments wherever I go. Again build quality is so-so but in terms of 'bang for your buck' it was the cheapest 400+ bhp on the British market.

Pricey though it is I suspect the RHD C8 is going to make quite an impression over here.:)(y)

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I was very tempted to get the Touring estate version as I thought it looked great. But found that the rear estate part was not big enough for me. Still a nice looking car nowadays. Had one in front of me a couple of weeks ago, it still looked up to date.

antijam

CCCUK Member
I was very tempted to get the Touring estate version as I thought it looked great. But found that the rear estate part was not big enough for me. Still a nice looking car nowadays. Had one in front of me a couple of weeks ago, it still looked up to date.
Yes, considering the size of the car the 'Estate' space was minimal - still, my dogs could travel in comfort :)

P1270524.JPG

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I don’t think they would enjoy the experience of being in a C3 corvette very much.
That’s always been the downfall of any 2 seater “sports car” just the 2 seats. One of the reasons a number of buyers chose the Mustang, Camaro and so forth over the corvette over the years. It can be a drawback for some.

Roscobbc

Stange really that so many 'coupes' (and ragtops) - both American and European have a nominal pair of rear seat which are in fact totally ususable unless the driver and front seat passenger are 'vertically challenged' and slide the fronts seats all the way forward on the runners. Perhaps buyers and owners of coupes and 'verts should get a 'class action' against the manufacturers perhaps organised by one of those smart ass lawyers re. the vehicles not being 'as advertised' - i.e not full 4 seater vehicles.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Most sports coupes weather American or European or Japanese are pretty small in the rear, and are really only suitable for children. Full size American coupes of the 60’s and 70,s and even some from the 80’s were not a problem for adults in the rear, although not always very elegant for those getting in and out. Me and my sister have spent many hours in the rear of same when we’re younger.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
So what is the first car show yall are going to this year? I think it'll be portsmouth port solent harbour for me although the speedbumps are the worst I've ever seen I should take a ramp with me it's really that bad.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Perhaps buyers and owners of coupes and 'verts should get a 'class action' against the manufacturers perhaps organised by one of those smart ass lawyers re. the vehicles not being 'as advertised' - i.e not full 4 seater vehicles.
Are those cars actually sold as 4 seaters? The reason why I ask is my other coupe I have (the FTO - now back on the road as of a few days ago) was sol as a 2+2 coupe. As in 2 full seats at the front, and 2 "limited use" seats at the back. Amusingly, back in the day I did use the car for a Europe trip with passengers in the back for long days driving around Europe for a while. :ROFLMAO:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Are those cars actually sold as 4 seaters? The reason why I ask is my other coupe I have (the FTO - now back on the road as of a few days ago) was sol as a 2+2 coupe. As in 2 full seats at the front, and 2 "limited use" seats at the back. Amusingly, back in the day I did use the car for a Europe trip with passengers in the back for long days driving around Europe for a while. :ROFLMAO:
I am with you on this Captain , such cars are not pretending to be full 4 seaters . I think my Opel Manta GTE was the last coupe I owned that would actually seat two adults in reasonable comfort in the back . I had a Nissan Sylvia Turbo , a Mitsubishi Starion Wide body Turbo , a Jaguar XJS , and Jaguar XKR8 . All were only fit for children in the rear seats and as for my wifes current Peugeot RCZ GT 200 , even a vertically challenged Pygmy won`t fit in that ! :LOL: