What have YOU being doing or are you planning to do with your Vette?

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I've been trying to find an apprenticeship or work that involves classic american cars. Would be nice to want to go to work. 😅
I too find it a great effort to go to work - I have to get out of bed, go all the way downstairs, sit on my chair, cat beside me, AND also turn my laptop on. The hardships of a work from home software developer :ROFLMAO: .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I too find it a great effort to go to work - I have to get out of bed, go all the way downstairs, sit on my chair, cat beside me, AND also turn my laptop on. The hardships of a work from home software developer :ROFLMAO: .
Going to work ??? I have vague memories of doing that once and vaguely recall that I didn`t like it one bit , so I stopped doing it ! :ROFLMAO:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Going to work ??? I have vague memories of doing that once and vaguely recall that I didn`t like it one bit , so I stopped doing it ! :ROFLMAO:
That's my plan too, but alas "she who must be obeyed" won't let me retire early. Still, I need the money for Vette parts etc.

Roscobbc

Customers were fine - company management were of the AH mentality - was made an offer I probably could have refused but wanted to be AH free so I retired.....

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Customers were fine - company management were of the AH mentality - was made an offer I probably could have refused but wanted to be AH free so I retired.....
Like wise , I couldn`t cope with the pi** poor AH management one moment longer than necessary . If I had stayed on any longer I would either killed one of `em or been dead myself from stress and heart failure . Took early retirement on full pension and after a fight I managed to get a good voluntary redundancy package that the buggers tried to screw me over on after 38 years continuous local authority service . 😠 Part of my severance package paid for the C3 . (y) :D

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Today I learned there's a secret compartment under the storage compartment plastic behind the passenger seat in a C3. Apparently the jack is stored there. 🤫

Roppa440

Well-known user
I have been busy all winter ironing out a few damaged and faulty bits on the 2014 Stingray I bought last August.

Repair to damaged dashboard leather which still looks rough but at least it is glued down now. Had to remove the windscreen to do it and found that the C7 windscreen is impossible to cut out without cracking it... so new screen sourced and I fitted it myself.

Repair to damaged underside rubber air dam mountings. Previous owner took speed bumps at high speed. I used aluminium plate to repair and strengthen the damaged plastic areas and replace several missing bolts.

Repair and re-paint on front bumper (deep scratches and evidence of at least one previous re-spray). One missing and one damaged bolt in here too. Obviously doing a job right has not been a priority in the past.

Rubber seal fitted to replace missing seal from front edge of hood. Ludicrous price for a corvette one so fitted one I found online for a couple of quid per metre and it actually is a better fit.

Repair and improvement made to Fog lights.

Replacement of a relay when the headlights stopped working.

Re-face of brake discs and pads to remove glaze and whatever it was making them squeal when cold. No more squeal when moving off.

Suspension lowered slightly (20mm). Just to reduce the gap above the tyres.

4 wheel alignment. I had to take the suspension apart to get the rusted adjusters free so...

Charged AC system pressure from a low 23psi to 30psi. Got to re-do this in the summer when it is hot as it was too cold in my garage to get the pressure up.

Fitted racing stripes. Not sure I should have. It was too cold so they warped in transit and there are a few bits I did badly as a result. If I decide I don't like them I will peel them off next winter.

Problem with Infotainment system - Currently ongoing. System keeps shutting down. Had the Human-Machine Interface tested in Sweden. No fault found. So still trying to find where the issue is.

Last edited:

Roscobbc

If it's not a rude question, how did a 2014 Stingray get in a bad state? 😱🤔
Hi Dave - good to see you back on here again. CCorvette's question is an interesting one. I guess we all think of a C7 Vette as being a vertually new car.........but thinking about it an it's in its 8th year. Not so many years ago an 8 year old car (especially if used on a daily basis) would potentially be up to 70 or 80 thousand miles and classed as an old banger.........how things have changed.

Roppa440

Well-known user
Hi Dave - good to see you back on here again. CCorvette's question is an interesting one. I guess we all think of a C7 Vette as being a vertually new car.........but thinking about it an it's in its 8th year. Not so many years ago an 8 year old car (especially if used on a daily basis) would potentially be up to 70 or 80 thousand miles and classed as an old banger.........how things have changed.
It's only got 19K miles on it now.