What have YOU being doing or are you planning to do with your Vette?

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Took the Vette out yesterday for its semi-regular "Vette to the Vet" trip to pick up more suppliers for my diabetic cat. Haven't used the Vette for a small while due to being busy and on holiday etc, so it was nice to get the old girl out. Took a little bit of poking to awaken her from her slumber, but was fine after that.

Lots of looks from passers by, and at the car park near the vets a guy offered to swap his car for the Vette. It was a Mercedes 4/5 door saloon thing parked next to me that I took no notice of as too new and boring for me. Politely declined the swap, even though I knew he was only joking. His son was in the car and just said he liked my car.

On the way home I spotted a Morgan a couple of cars ahead of me, and also a red Marcos came out of a side road and followed me to my home town. I waved when turning off, but due to the fantastic rear view out of the Corvette I don't know if they waved back or not.

All in all, a nice drive out and about. :cool:

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Took the Vette out today to Milton Keynes Rugby Club who were hosting a charity fund raising event for Willen Hospice in MK . It was also the start and finish point for the annual Midday Moo 10 kilometre Fun Walk as well as the venue of the Rugby Clubs `Big Food ` Festival . The car display was organised by Silverstone Social Car Club . Infortunately the turn out of cars was low but nice to see fellow BBNC members their in their C3 . The `Purple Peril` picked up its second `gong` in a fortnight as the judges choice as `Car of the Show` :D Nice lazy sociable day in the sun though and talking cars with other owners and the general public and Willen Hospice staff and volunteers .Milton Keynes 1.JPGMilton Keynes 2.JPGMoo.JPG

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Tickford Capri. For when money and taste is no object.
Quite so , but then the 1980`s were hardly the height of good taste . A very rare beast though , it was an official Tickford Press Car hence the unusual colour ( not my taste either ) but valued at ยฃ70,000 . :eek: Tickford.JPGTickford Turbo.JPG

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Always liked the Capri, and had a few over the years. I suppose the Aston Martin Tickford is the ultimate capri. I personally wouldnโ€™t mind one, quite unique and very rare.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
The Tickford cost close on ยฃ18,000 when new in 1987 . A lot of money for a Capri , all be it a very rapid one .

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
That was indeed serious money back then, probably why they only built less than the 100 they planned to build. They do look so eighties nowadays, but then of course they were.
the ultimate Ford Capri. I suppose some will argue that Basils Peranaโ€™s hold that title, but IMO itโ€™s the Tickford.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Here come the Judge ! Here come the Judge ! Judge.jpgMKRFC.jpg Just got pinged these images of the judging of the show cars at the Vettes appearance at the Milton Keyness Rugby Club charity event last Saturday . The `Beak` obviously had impecable taste even though he does not drive ! The Vette won and the mega rare Tickford Capri got nothing . :D
He was actually the Rugby Clubs official ` Kangaroo Court ` Judge who dishes out `fines` for any players indiscretions on a whim . Every club has such a character and I have been on the receiving end myself in my playing days when on tour !

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
A worthy recipient of the prize.
That front wouldnโ€™t like the speed bumps round our way.
Thanks (y) That front splitter not too bad for clearance as long as I am carefull . Getting up the steep approach ramp from the Rugby Club car park onto the playing field area was a bit iffy though . :eek:

Roscobbc

Going over speedbumps and over on-ramps/off-ramps is a real pain.......people following get rather irritated when weaving across them at 30 degree angles.......

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
I've stripped down the shifter console on my '71, then disassembled, cleaned and repainted the console plate and heater control mechanism.......

View attachment 13670

The neat trick is going to be getting it back together again so that it works. :unsure:
Wow! Nice work, tho a bit scary how many bits need to come off. Or if you replace with new, does the new plate just drop over the heater wheels? Does a new one include the gear position panel and the ash tray door? Or come just as the bare panel ? ๐Ÿ‘your cabin must look really tidy now . ๐Ÿ˜

antijam

CCCUK Member
Wow! Nice work, tho a bit scary how many bits need to come off. Or if you replace with new, does the new plate just drop over the heater wheels? Does a new one include the gear position panel and the ash tray door? Or come just as the bare panel ? ๐Ÿ‘your cabin must look really tidy now . ๐Ÿ˜
There's no need to strip down the heater control - I did it because mine wasn't working properly and the fascia needed painting - you can replace the plate with out touching it.
A replacement plate from CK comes with the gear select panel and the ash tray door although not the little engine data plate

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
There's no need to strip down the heater control - I did it because mine wasn't working properly and the fascia needed painting - you can replace the plate with out touching it.
A replacement plate from CK comes with the gear select panel and the ash tray door although not the little engine data plate
Thanks for that, I think I will go for a refresh for now with trim paint as the new onesโ€™s are eye wateringly dear , compared to Trim parts , mechanical parts seem cheap.๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ‘

antijam

CCCUK Member
Trim parts for Corvettes have always been expensive.
Indeed - a lot of the dash and console panels are pressure die castings which makes them cheap if the manufacturer has the original moulds - and very expensive if he hasn't, and they still have to be selectively chromed and painted after casting. Door cards are complex constructions and expensive - well over $1000 a pair for the full panels

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Yes, door panels are horrendous prices nowadays, and with the terrible exchange rate itโ€™s $ = ยฃ if not more by the time itโ€™s shipped plus tax etc. You can easily spend thousands on a interior refurb.
I personally think some items are well overpriced just because they are for a corvette.
Same thing used to be for Cadillac parts, non specific Cadillac bits could be substituted with โ€œlower divisionโ€ equivalent parts at far cheaper prices.