What have YOU being doing or are you planning to do with your Vette?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Always liked/preferred white convertible hoods on any convertible. My 65 has a black hood, if I ever had to replace it, I would change it to white.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I don't think one colour is universally more attractive than another - it's the right combination of body and soft top colours that pleases the eye. Bear in mind, a white soft top is a lot harder to keep clean than a black one!
Black is obviously the better serviceable of the two colours and will also blend in with vertically all body colours.
White again I think goes well with all body colours with the one exception possibly white. Black to me looks better on a white car.
agreed on the cleaning/keeping it clean, and once badly stained/discoloured it can look pretty shabby. But when nice and white it makes the car pop.
Not that I ever drive a convertible with the top up. Always down as far as I’m concerned. That’s probably why I haven’t changed it in 30 years of ownership.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Tan 'vert tops on certain model years with specific body colours look good as do dark red.
Was/am not that keen on tan convertible tops, recently sold a 1991 Trans Am convertible beautiful car. Finished in resale Red, camel/taupe leather interior with a matching convertible top. I just didn’t warm to the top. Luckily the potential buyer loved it, and went away happy.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Excellent day out today at a new venue in Bedfordshire . The Turvey House Classic Car Show , great setting in the grounds of 18th Century country mansion , perfect weather and a BIG turn out of an amazing variety of cars from very early vintage / classics and plenty of Yank cars . Went along with Andrew Warrener with his C4 as could not get any other BBNC members interested . ( You missed out on a great event chaps and chapesses :LOL: ) The cherry on the cake was having the Vette selected by the judges for entry into the judging arena in front of the house for the American Car Class for awards in best selection of cars in various categories . Picked up a `Highly Recommended ` aka 3rd place to a fab and mega performance modded Mack 1 Mustang inTurvey 4.JPGTurvey.JPGTurvey 3.JPGTurvey 2.JPG second place and a stunning top chopped Chevy stroker powered 1929 Sedan in first place . The owner of which happened to an ex CCCUK member who sold his Vette six years ago ! So quite chuffed really ! ( pun intended :D )

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
For me though the car of the day was the `real deal ` Lightweight E Type raced in period by none other than Sterling Moss ( RIP sir ) and Win Percy . Autographed by the great man himself . We are talking mega ££££££££££££££££££££ value for that car . Got chatting to the owner and by co incidence resto work had been carried out on it by Paragon Auto Centre DSC_0662.JPGDSC_0661.JPGDSC_0657.JPGonce based in Northampton who did a fair bit of work on my C3 . It`s a small world ! DSC_0659.JPG

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Took the Stingray to a brilliant summer's evening event tonight with fellow petrolheads at a World War II airbase in Lincolnshire. The Bentley in the background was just one of many fabulous cars from McLaren, Mustangs, Superbikes, Porsches, TVR, additional Corvettes & so much more! The drive through the English countryside on the way there & coming back with Peter Frampton & Pink Floyd among others on the stereo, made it such a cool evening on the hottest day of the year! πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
PXL_20220617_171125580.jpgPXL_20220617_173909708~2.jpgPXL_20220617_171835165~2.jpgPXL_20220617_175150609.jpgPXL_20220617_174229835.jpgPXL_20220617_165809733.jpgPXL_20220617_175844313.jpgPXL_20220617_173157095~2.jpg
PXL_20220617_181618480~2.jpg

Last edited:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
The warm weather certainly bought the cars out over the last few days. The convertible people took full advantage of it, tops were down everywhere. Saw a few classics on my travels, only two American, both mustangs.