What have YOU being doing or are you planning to do with your Vette?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Fab news James, glad you get to keep the Corvette.

As for insurance people, they are a laugh. Added my wife (6 years younger than me) to my 1968 Corvette policy and the insurers didn't bat an eyelid. Add my wife to my daily diesel Ford Focus insurance policy (different insurer) and its all "Woah mate, that's gonna cost tons loads more because of her age". I politely (and correctly) stated that "I have added my wife to my 300 bhp (factory rating) Corvette and that didn't change the policy cost for that insurer, but you're telling me your insurance company wants a ton load more money for my wife to be added onto a 140bhp diesel Focus that is worth bugger all?" (probably £1.5k tops). They soon saw my point and I think they added her for a token amount like a £5 or summat.
That`s insurance brokers for you , more tricks than a barrow load of monkey`s !!!! :mad:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I vaguely also remember now that when we got married, the insurers of the Vette reduced the premium by £20 I think, but the insurers of the daily diesesal Focus didn't offer such wedding gifts.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Fancy only vaguely remembering getting married . 🤣
I have brain issues that cause my epilepsy (thankfully managed now). They also cause me to have a not very impressive memory. I watch our wedding video every year with my wife on our anniversary as it helps me remember getting married. But I always remember I'm married though, not because there is a ring on my finger, but because the amount of nagging and chores issued can only mean I'm married. :ROFLMAO:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Been out this morning to the British Motor Museum at Gaydon for the Footman James ` Coffee & Chrome` meet . A great early morning drive over there on near deserted roads at 7.45 am in glorious autumnal sunshine . The colder moisture laden air really making motor run sweet . (y) A big turn out that must have close to the 500 car limit for the event . Plenty of interesting cars on show with rarities like the stunning 1972 Iso Grifo Series 2 with Chevy 350 cu in V8 power ! The Purple Peril drew lots of interest and admiring comments too so well pleased . Free bacon butties provided for all display cars too , what more could you DSC_1244.JPGDSC_1267.JPGDSC_1259.JPGDSC_1251.JPGDSC_1265.JPGDSC_1271.JPGDSC_1272.JPGDSC_1269.JPGask for !! Chasing a Ferrari 458 Stradale down a deserted A43 as far as Silverstone Circuit where he turned off was a bit of fun too . :LOL:

antijam

CCCUK Member
Looks like a good turn-out. Did you get to meet the Iso owner? Ian Nicholls, a C3 owner, also has an Iso Grifo but I can't recall the colour at the moment.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Looks like a good turn-out. Did you get to meet the Iso owner? Ian Nicholls, a C3 owner, also has an Iso Grifo but I can't recall the colour at the moment.
Unfortunately not as no one was near it at the time otherwise I would have asked for the hood to be closed for a better photo . Always lived the look of Iso`s and the Bizzarini too , and those thumping V8`s sound awesome .

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I thought the ISO MK2’s only used GM 454ci motors along with Fords 351ci motors. I know the original versions used Chevy 327’s. Does look lovely in that colour tho.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I thought the ISO MK2’s only used GM 454ci motors along with Fords 351ci motors. I know the original versions used Chevy 327’s. Does look lovely in that colour tho.
Indeed you are correct sir , I got my engine choices mixed . The 1972 model had the Ford Boss 351 motor , just after that Iso went bust I believe .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Been to Pistons & Props at Sywell Aerodrome today , the location will be familiar with members that went to this years Nationals . A fabulous event held over two days with non stop action on the strip , in the air and in the show ground . So much to see with trade village , bars and live music throughout the day and all for £5 entry if you displayed your car with a club . Huge value !! I tried to arrange a BBNC region display but got zilch interest so went with Silverstone Social Car Club who had a very varied array of 40 cars ranging from rat rods , customs and real old classics . Plenty of American muscle and Chevy power on display plus spotted a few other Vettes too . Fantastic WW1 dog fight display complete with ground attack pyrotechics plus a Hawker Hurrican display and RAF parachute team display . Loads of drag cars on the strip and an awesome jet powered VW pick up . :eek: DSC_1275 (1).JPGDSC_1276 (1).JPGDSC_1281 (1).JPGDSC_1280 (1).JPGDSC_1445.JPGDSC_1581.JPGDSC_1583.JPGDSC_1584.JPG

antijam

CCCUK Member
Been to Pistons & Props at Sywell Aerodrome today , the location will be familiar with members that went to this years Nationals . A fabulous event held over two days with non stop action on the strip , in the air and in the show ground . So much to see with trade village , bars and live music throughout the day and all for £5 entry if you displayed your car with a club . Huge value !! I tried to arrange a BBNC region display but got zilch interest so went with Silverstone Social Car Club who had a very varied array of 40 cars ranging from rat rods , customs and real old classics . Plenty of American muscle and Chevy power on display plus spotted a few other Vettes too . Fantastic WW1 dog fight display complete with ground attack pyrotechics plus a Hawker Hurrican display and RAF parachute team display . Loads of drag cars on the strip and an awesome jet powered VW pick up . :eek: View attachment 19318

Does look like an action packed day! The Rat Rod sporting the Austin radiator shell looks interesting. Power unit appears to be the Daimler 4.5 litre 'Hemi' V8 - wearing a large supercharger. Stock output of the engine was around 220 HP - I wonder what it's producing blown?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Does look like an action packed day! The Rat Rod sporting the Austin radiator shell looks interesting. Power unit appears to be the Daimler 4.5 litre 'Hemi' V8 - wearing a large supercharger. Stock output of the engine was around 220 HP - I wonder what it's producing blown?
Didn`t get to chat with the owner but he is often at local shows in our area so will find out more next time I see it .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
What a great day, chuffs! You live in an area where you can reach a wide variety of great events 😁👍
Yeah , very lucky really as we have Silverstone , Sywell , Santa Pod, Bicester Heritage and Gaydon Motor Museum events all within less than 30 mile radius of where I live . Will be going to the Bicester Scramble on 9th October which always has a huge turn out of amazing cars . But then you have glorious Cornish beaches on your doorstep . 😎

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
Wow, looks like a fantastic show with all that going on, and for only a fiver entry…..The rest of BBNC don’t know what they’re missing!!!