What Have You Found To Watch?

Roscobbc

If a race car would it not be pegged at OEM capacity? - irrespective of that if using standard deck block perhaps 502 cu in - perhaps a little more if over-bored? - use tall deck block?, 540 cu in up to 572 cu in, perhaps even 632 cu in. Piston speeds on big cube strokers would limit rpm - lotsa torque out of corners - but no top speed?

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Depends if they’re actually sticking to the regulations ;)

Here if you’re running to FIA regs you can over bore by 1mm but standard stroke, 427, 454 and 350 were all homologated.
So mine will be 355cui

You just adjust the gearing to put the torque curve in the right place.

Roscobbc

Depends if they’re actually sticking to the regulations ;)

Here if you’re running to FIA regs you can over bore by 1mm but standard stroke, 427, 454 and 350 were all homologated.
So mine will be 355cui

You just adjust the gearing to put the torque curve in the right place.
Know what you are saying - L88 type builds were/are easy 7000+ rpm capable - that video shows how bauky they are at lower rpm though.

antijam

CCCUK Member
Just watched this on Blaze TV
lost.JPG

A bunch of guys reimagine what the 1983 Corvette might have been - not a C3 and not a C4......:unsure:
Mainly an hour of fairly superficial 'Vette history but the result of their labours does appear at the end.
You can watch it online here or again on Blaze TV at 9:00 am Sunday morning.

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
F1 world champion Mika Hakkinen tries a 1970 McLaren Can Am car. When he returns to the pits he explains how impressed he was.
McLaren Can Am cars built in Britain, with Big Block Chevy motors and raced in the States.

Vetman

CCCUK Member
YouTube ‘The V8 Lounge’. Stylish C3 videos from Germany. If you don’t sprecken die Deutsch then do not fear as a picture is worth a thousand words.

antijam

CCCUK Member
I remember being in Chicago when this thing came out.....

...and I saw one in a dealers showroom. I talked him into letting me pore over it (he realised he wasn't talking to a prospective customer) but I never realised just how minimal it was - sort of Dodge does a Caterham Seven ( in the only way americans know how ! )

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Now that WAS a car with balls ! Who could forget such a mental car being launched . I remember the first time I saw one on UK roads , I was cruising down the A5 near home in my Marcos Mantara V8 and looked in my rear view mirror and there was beast homing in on me ! It might quite an impression :p

Oneball

CCCUK Member
There a brilliant interview with someone I saw a while back. When they launched it they invited everyone to a race track. There was some old bloke giving demos. He just basically scared the bejesus out if everyone. It was Caroll Shelby.

antijam

CCCUK Member
Another character whose passing left quite a hole in the American motor sport scene. The video reminded me that I was once driven round the 'Brickyard' though it wasn't by Shelby and it wasn't in a Viper - but I enjoyed the company of the twenty others in the tour bus with me....;)