What if?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
They look fantastic from the rear.
Teddy Turner was probably our Thunderbird king. Met him originally in 1977 at a tea stall in Golders Green. For some reason he liked me, and we became good friends. A better collection of Thunderbirds you would have trouble finding. Most of the cars had CAT number plates he paid £25 for CAT 1 when he bought it. He also had a collection of Aston Martins. He was a real character. ( former owner of the infamous Mandrake club )

Roscobbc

I drove a MK1V Lincoln continental last year, god, I forgot how big those things were. The hood was like a runway. I must admit with all today’s traffic I didn’t like it.
Years ago (late 70's ) when I had my '66 428 Galaxie coupe I thought that was a large car at 17 1/2 feet long......it was.....but then a buddy with a pink '68 Caddy CDV ragtop asked me to to a wedding run on his behalf in the car.......the Cadillac at a 'knats' over 18 1/2 feet long seemed so much longer and unmanageable........

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Years ago (late 70's ) when I had my '66 428 Galaxie coupe I thought that was a large car at 17 1/2 feet long......it was.....but then a buddy with a pink '68 Caddy CDV ragtop asked me to to a wedding run on his behalf in the car.......the Cadillac at a 'knats' over 18 1/2 feet long seemed so much longer and unmanageable........
They really were “land yachts.”

The 1970’s were the largest cars built by US manufacturers. The late 50’s were big, but the mid 70’s were actually bigger.

My friends Grandmother who is 100 has just renewed her Massachusetts driving license. She’s still driving her 1996 Buick Roadmaster that she bought new. She’s driven some big cars in her lifetime.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
It is to a North London boy. Anything further than scratch wood services is “up North.” 😂😂
For us in the south west Bristol is the point of no return - anything up from that is "up North", and anything to the right of it is "London / London area / London-ish". :ROFLMAO: