Wouldn't it be cheaper to make a fake split window?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
When the new 1964 coupe came out minus the split bar, people thought it was so great owners of 1963 SWC’s removed the bar and bought a new rear screen. A friend of my dads bought what he thought was a 1964 in the 1970’s only to find out in the 1980’s it was actually a 1963.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Now it’s the other way round. Turning 64’s into 63 SWC’s. buyers beware as they say.
There are more 1967 427/435’s about nowadays than Chevrolet built.

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Is that for real? I guess thats fine if the vert is a 63 also , how about the c3 hybrids around with the rear deck of a 64/5 grafted on , very clever and great looking. Each to their own but deffo agree a fake 63 window would be in the words of princess Anne , rather Naff 🥺

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I’ve come across quite a few like that on buying trips to the US. Enquired about buying the car, always the same answer, “ I’m gonna restore that someday” . It’s their dream I suppose, they always think they will do it. Of course over the last 10/15 years their old junker has increased in price quite considerably since the parked it.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Agreed that old cars were just old cars back in the day, but I’ve said before the used Corvette was never cheap in the US compared to other models. Same year like for like. In 1976 a 1965 corvette small block ran $1500, a 1965 mustang coupe could be had for $250, a vert $400. So as you can see the corvette was a massive investment for the buyer as a old used car. Why would they let it rot. Makes no sense to me.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
The same reason why people with more money than good sense buy expensive pets only to tire of them and abandon them ! :mad:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
My 1959 was rather sad when I saw and bought it. Flat patina paintwork, horrible wrong interior, bits missing etc, BUT I did sort of like it like that. Kept it like that for about a year then decided to get it back to its former glory. Looked lovely once it was all done.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
It does appear that most of the sting Rays pictured are missing their front clips and engines. Perhaps corvette drivers in those days were bad drivers and rear ended other drivers. I know that Pro Team did remove motors from cars and store them inside .

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
It does appear that most of the sting Rays pictured are missing their front clips and engines. Perhaps corvette drivers in those days were bad drivers and rear ended other drivers. I know that Pro Team did remove motors from cars and store them inside .
"It does appear that most of the sting Rays pictured are missing their front clips. Perhaps corvette drivers in those days were bad drivers and rear ended other drivers" We have a Winner - Congratulations! - You have won the Mystery Prize!