Anyone got different toys ?

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
My other toy has a sbc as well, but it's the 4.3l V6 version. Mind you it's got more power than my car!

View attachment 8461
Hmm , couple of ski’s i see there. Have been involved with slalom for the last 20 years at a few old clay pits in cornwall. Most ski boats use the 350 chevy badged as various other names. The slalom course can be very addictive once you get a taste👍368CAC03-84F7-4CA9-8F1A-47F6A49E937E.jpeg368CAC03-84F7-4CA9-8F1A-47F6A49E937E.jpeg

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Don`t own them but get to play with them at other peoples expense ( the best kind of fun :) ) . I help maintain steam locomotive No. 70013 Oliver Cromwell plus three other locos to keep in full working order . 70013 hauled the last steam hauled revenue earning passenger train for British Railways in August 1968 . Also skipper and maintain Sculptor , a genuine 72 foot working narrow boat , she`s quite a handful when loaded with 20 tons of coal !008.JPGDSCF2075.JPG

Mad4slalom

CCCUK Member
Don`t own them but get to play with them at other peoples expense ( the best kind of fun :) ) . I help maintain steam locomotive No. 70013 Oliver Cromwell plus three other locos to keep in full working order . 70013 hauled the last steam hauled revenue earning passenger train for British Railways in August 1968 . Also skipper and maintain Sculptor , a genuine 72 foot working narrow boat , she`s quite a handful when loaded with 20 tons of coal !View attachment 8628View attachment 8629
Now they are Big Boys Toys 😁👍

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
She belongs to Canal & Rivers Trust and is volunteer maintained and operated . She has an interesting history as built in 1928 which is very late in commercial carrying terms on the canals . She is powered by a twin cylinder air cooled diesel and carried coal and other bulk goods for the Grand Union Canal Carrying Company .. She was commandeered in WW2 by the War Department along with many other narrow boats and fitted out as fire fighting boat during the blitz in London . It is maintained in full working order and goes to boat shows and other events on the inland waterways system . We did shift 20 tons of coal in her on one occasion which was great fun . It was like trying to stop or steer a super tanker ! No good for water skiing at only 5 mph though 🤣

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Now they are Big Boys Toys 😁👍
Yep ! and here are the others in the toy box . It`s a VERY big box :LOL: I am a member of an association that also maintains and operates these beasts ! Privately owned steam loco 45305 that hauls charter trains all over the UK and the huge D123 diesel electric loco . We are also custodians of D6535 and steam loco 30777 Sir Lamiel 45305-at-York-June-1979.jpgD123.jpgD6535-Paul-Biggs.jpg30777.jpg which belong to York Railway Museum national collection . Sir Lamiel is currently being stripped down for a heavy general overhaul before going back into service on heritage railways and the national rail system hauling charter trains . Unfortunately the Covid lockdowns have seriously curtailed progress :(

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Yep ! and here are the others in the toy box . It`s a VERY big box :LOL: I am a member of an association that also maintains and operates these beasts ! Privately owned steam loco 45305 that hauls charter trains all over the UK and the huge D123 diesel electric loco . We are also custodians of D6535 and steam loco 30777 Sir Lamiel View attachment 8633View attachment 8634View attachment 8635View attachment 8636 which belong to York Railway Museum national collection . Sir Lamiel is currently being stripped down for a heavy general overhaul before going back into service on heritage railways and the national rail system hauling charter trains . Unfortunately the Covid lockdowns have seriously curtailed progress :(
30777 is my favourite train.