Anyone got different toys ?

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I read that 43106 is the only survivor of this class of engine?

I have a collection of the small white metal road engine kits, wagons, tractors, locos, rollers and a ploughing engine. All are painted "as new", but I'm now thinking a nice little project would be to do a couple more with patina......
Absolutely right Kent . Fondly known as the ` The Flying Pig` she also can claim to be the fastest of the class of a 136 built having been timed at 83 mph in the 1960`s . Not bad for a loco designed for general duties and fright ! Must have been lively at that speed as even at 25mph she rattled like a bag of spanners :LOL:
I built up a photographic record of the rebuild including all the boiler work .

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
We too lived on and off out in the 'sticks' during the early/mid 50's. Have wonderful memories of travelling on the school bus. Dont know the model but it was a single decker (like Chuffer model) but had a large dorsal fin on the roof. Also the heavy patterned upholstery with brown leather trimming and chrome handles and poles.
I remember those dorsal fin ones , thought they were very `Flash Gordon` as a kid :LOL:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Now that`s just not fair Louis ! :sick:
My daily driver fun number one - Jeep 5.7 litre Hemi V8
Daily driver number two and wife`s car - RCZ - GT200 jeep.JPGRCZ .JPG

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Is red your favourite colour per chance ? :LOL:(y) I bet your RC Defenders are huge fun to play with , love the level of detail 🤞

kentvette

CCCUK Member
And for Chuffer, here a few steam engines. The kits are small, I think about matchbox scale?

But the well known Bandai Garrett model is 1/16.

I built the Garrett 41 years ago, it took a month or two! I started making the small models also about 40 years ago, (hence the Chatham signwriting) because they took up less space! The last one, the crane engine, was built about 6 years ago!

Attachments

• IMG_8148.JPG
    IMG_8148.JPG
    175.9 KB · Views: 2

louis_white

Well-known user
Now that`s just not fair Louis ! :sick:
My daily driver fun number one - Jeep 5.7 litre Hemi V8
Daily driver number two and wife`s car - RCZ - GT200 View attachment 9130View attachment 9131

Love the Jeep! Bet it sounds amazing too.
The mustang is my daily but in all fairness the real daily is the wife’s car a BMW 216D 2series Gran tourer, 7 seats, very ideal for the family and dog unlike my other practical car choices a mustang and vette 😂 this one is more mpg instead of smiles per gallon 😂😂😂 9143

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
What a fantastic collection Kent , the Showman`s engine you built is awesome ! Love the GWR steam lorry too (y)
My commercial vehicles are of a later era on the railway in keeping with the period modelled late 1950`s - Early 1960`s .DSCF3205.JPGDSCF3216.JPG

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Cheers Louis , yeah the induction roar when you floor the Jeep is one big smile producer :D . I ditched the restrictive factory induction system and fitted K&N kit . 345 bhp and 370 lbs torque . It surprises quite a few other drivers when I give it some beans . It will out run my C3 no problem .
The RCZ is the one concession to more sensible fuel consumption but I will leave it to the tree huggers to save the planet :ROFLMAO:

kentvette

CCCUK Member
Chuffer, I love all those "real life scenes" - I'm not sure I have the patience to do them though!:)

The Garrett model is pretty amazing, working steering and motion, although the reversing lever and Stevenson link do not actually "work".

The Defenders are great fun, and will go anywhere! They come pretty plain, so plenty of "personalisation" stuff of course, which is good fun, As well as the lighting kits and the engine sound system, we have uprated the steering servos and added a BEC, plus some axle weights to aid crawling, but they are fully waterproof, will almost climb the side of a house and I can't get over the fact that 1 hours battery charge time gives almost 3 hours of run time!

We took them to our local forest back in the summer, driving them up the track, country road and footpaths, doing a few hours filming and driving them back. According to Strava we had walked almost 5 kms, so the cars must have done at least 6 or more. Lots of crawling, climbing, some higher speed stuff and all on one battery!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I read that 43106 is the only survivor of this class of engine?

I have a collection of the small white metal road engine kits, wagons, tractors, locos, rollers and a ploughing engine. All are painted "as new", but I'm now thinking a nice little project would be to do a couple more with patina......

Hi Kent , here is a shot of 43106 fresh out the box on her first day back in regular The Pig.JPGservice after the rebuild and smelling of hot fresh paint :D

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Chuffer, I love all those "real life scenes" - I'm not sure I have the patience to do them though!:)

The Garrett model is pretty amazing, working steering and motion, although the reversing lever and Stevenson link do not actually "work".

The Defenders are great fun, and will go anywhere! They come pretty plain, so plenty of "personalisation" stuff of course, which is good fun, As well as the lighting kits and the engine sound system, we have uprated the steering servos and added a BEC, plus some axle weights to aid crawling, but they are fully waterproof, will almost climb the side of a house and I can't get over the fact that 1 hours battery charge time gives almost 3 hours of run time!

We took them to our local forest back in the summer, driving them up the track, country road and footpaths, doing a few hours filming and driving them back. According to Strava we had walked almost 5 kms, so the cars must have done at least 6 or more. Lots of crawling, climbing, some higher speed stuff and all on one battery!
If you have the patience to build that beautiful Garrett and detail your Defenders , I am sure you would have no trouble . I am not known for my patience , just ask my wife !! But when I am in the right frame of mind I can do model making for hours on end . Similar with going fishing , it`s the only time I can sit still for hours on end :LOL:

Redlevel

Well-known user
Like the Chevy truck (y) Is the semi automatic rifle for keeping:LOL: the Ayreshire wildlife at bay ?
The S10 is my wife Michelles wedding gift. When you run a pickup, you wonder how you managed all these years without one. I bought it at a show back in 2014 for her. 5 seater, 4speed auto.
The rifles are only bb guns as I used to buy and sell military gear, mainly US Vietnam era.
The AK has about £300's worth of upgrades so was too powerful (it'll go through the bottom of a Coke can where the playing limit was through the one side only) for skirmish sites.
Nowadays its just for fun in the yard, its semi and full auto (800rpm)

Last edited:

Roscobbc

Redlevel - are Vietnam era combat jackets at a premium still? - last time I looked (and ended-up buying a repro) it was only XS and S sizes that seemed to be around at anywhere near a sensible price.........

Redlevel

Well-known user
Hi Ross.. I assume you mean the M65 jacket as used by many countries, not just the US.
The M65 jacket was oversized as it was designed to be worn over webbing, flak jacket etc.
Nearly all my kit that I sold was what they call 2nd Pattern olive drab fatigues, shirt and trousers, occasional M56 webbing, steel helmets with Mitchell camo covers and sometimes jungle boots of which I still have a pair. (racially, the Americans have thinner feet than us. I am a 9 regular in the UK but in in the US I am a 10 wide fitting.)
If you open the Milweb site, there are a lot of suppliers of military gear (repro and original) advertising on there.
Another site is the Rolling Thunder re-enactment group.
Soldier of Fortune place in Wales sell excellent repro gear from all military periods over the last 100years. Well worth a look.

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
That looks good on your drive (y) It looks live you have a very large pond too :ROFLMAO:
Gotta go now as England are about to stuff Scotland at Twickers !