Anyone got different toys ?

Corvette

Well-known user
Don’t get me started on guitars, my late Father left me 106 of them despite the fact I can only play a D chord!

TimP

CCCUK Member
A real cool bass

A cool looking bass , keep practicing then progress to a Rickenbaker 5 string ! Then get really flash and play a fretless bass :D
Thanks! As much as I enjoy playing this bass (and I really do) it has capabilities well beyond mine. Must admit it has taken a bit of a backseat since I got my '72. Not sure that car restoration and guitar playing are entirely compatible having recently completely ripped off one fingernail (and yes it really smarted) and severely damage another in a separate incident:)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Thanks! As much as I enjoy playing this bass (and I really do) it has capabilities well beyond mine. Must admit it has taken a bit of a backseat since I got my '72. Not sure that car restoration and guitar playing are entirely compatible having recently completely ripped off one fingernail (and yes it really smarted) and severely damage another in a separate incident:)
In my younger days I had a friend who was a very accomplished finger style acoustic guitar player . When he a broke nails which happened often as we were both apprentice engineers , he would make false nails out of old plectrums and super glue them on !
Mind you , Pete Townsend was always ripping nails off with all his cart wheeling and it never stopped him :LOL:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Don’t get me started on guitars, my late Father left me 106 of them despite the fact I can only play a D chord!
Ye gods ! 106 ? where do you keep them all ? Ever thought of starting an orchestra ? I really wish I had stuck at it years ago when I had an acoustic and a Sunburst electric . Tried to pick up riffs by ear as couldn`t read a note ! Just tune to open G and jam 12 bar blues like I did with best friend who was a base player in a band :cool:

Corvette

Well-known user
Ye gods ! 106 ? where do you keep them all ? Ever thought of starting an orchestra ? I really wish I had stuck at it years ago when I had an acoustic and a Sunburst electric . Tried to pick up riffs by ear as couldn`t read a note ! Just tune to open G and jam 12 bar blues like I did with best friend who was a base player in a band :cool:
They are still in storage, down to 86 but stopped selling them as I soon found out there are more sharks in the music world than the car scene.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Here is the shiny version of the full size toy I played on for many years . Was also a Project Co-ordinator on the 9 year long total nut and bolt restoration doing a lot of the strip down and rebuild and fabrication of new parts . For you guys that think you have rust problems on your C3 , I could show you what real corrosion is all about :LOL: 43106.jpg

kentvette

CCCUK Member
I read that 43106 is the only survivor of this class of engine?

I have a collection of the small white metal road engine kits, wagons, tractors, locos, rollers and a ploughing engine. All are painted "as new", but I'm now thinking a nice little project would be to do a couple more with patina......

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Sounds like a nice collection to have Kent . I have never attempted any white metal kits , have you got any photos of your collection ? Would love to see them .
There are really good weathering powders and paints available to give mud , rust , sand or soot effects and with practice can really make a difference to models . Get creative and have fun (y)
This is a Crosville Company liveried ECW single decker that I lightly weathered with mud splashes . I remember these as a boy on family holidays in North Wales and my layout is based on a fictional terminus station on the North Wales coast . Thats my dad`s old Moggy Minor in the car park that we always travelled to Wales in .DSCF3204.JPG

Roscobbc

We too lived on and off out in the 'sticks' during the early/mid 50's. Have wonderful memories of travelling on the school bus. Dont know the model but it was a single decker (like Chuffer model) but had a large dorsal fin on the roof. Also the heavy patterned upholstery with brown leather trimming and chrome handles and poles.