Bangers & Cash 1977 Saudi Corvette JNH 820T

Daytona Vette

Well-known user
CCCUK Nationals at the Post House Great Barr Birmingham 1983
The Daytona (before I bought it) brought down on a trailer the night before from Norfolk

I tried a copy and paste not worked out too well - I will try another way later on when I have a little more time

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
Motorweek test/review of the 1982 Collectors Edition:

Motorweek test/review of the 1985 C4. First year with the Tuned Port Injection (TPI) engine (Top speed 150 mph).

Last edited:

funchi

Well-known user
JonnyC4 (y) Nick B (y) Chevrolet (y) (What a coincidence these photos were only a few minutes away from posting when you posted the video) great video.

But then I got busy, and with the virus (and I don't mean I have the virus) I should have all the time in the world, better late than never.

I don’t know how drag coefficient the Corvette is but I can’t see how with headlights up it can help.

Chevrolet (3k views to this "C3Fest/smattering of C4s" thread now. Its all coming out of the "woodwork") hold your horses C4's coming through thick and fast, you have got to remember back when these photos were taken in UK the C4 was reasonably rare.

E-25.jpgE-26.jpgE-27.jpg

Last edited:

Chevrolet

CCCUK Member
hold your horses C4's coming through thick and fast, you have got to remember back when these photos were taken in UK the C4 was reasonably rare.

Glad you liked the Motorweek videos Funchi. Remember reading about the 1988 C4 254mph Callaway "Sledgehammer" back then?

Roscobbc

Factoids - 'late' C3's are the least powerful of all Corvettes - yet one of the easiest cars to source if you want a particularly low mileage car, especially one of the last 'Collector Edition' models.
Funchi asked about CD figure of late C3. Its nothing spectacular. Whilst the later cars are better than chrome bumper cars in terms of CD and whilst pro-rata (given the lower HP ratings) they have have been faster than earlier cars my understanding was that the aerodynamic 'aids' on later cars was to improved stability at higher speeds. If one was to drive an earlier C3 at higher speeds (say 130 mph plus) you'd be forgiven for thinking that the front end feels 'very light' and the steering wheel seems unconnected - such are the aerodynamics. Fantastic to think that earlier C3's with front air dam and rear spoiler were regularly hitting 200 mph and higher on the Mulsanne Straight at Le Mans with slightly de-tuned L88 engines (and presumably tall tyres and an ultra low ratio rear-end).
C5's - Funchi - was I correct in spotting your C5 showing something like 2500 miles on the odomometer? - is that now or a few years ago?

funchi

Well-known user
Roscobbc (y) Hi 100% I am not being facetious in my post I put (Photos for my insurance company last year.) but you could be forgiven for missing it, the Bangers & Cash post has grown a little since then.

I don't see how the club Chairman could be so way out with the mileage 278 though, I did have to drive it back from Germany in 2004.

As I am not upset today :) I am going out for my one hours exercise on my bike, no sitting outside the pub today for me.

Milage.JPG

Last edited:

Rich

Administrator
................... I did have to drive it back from Germany in 2004.

Mick - pleased to see that you are still around and still have your 2003. As you may recall I collected a brand new Yellow C5 Convertible from Germany at around the same time as you, but I did 50,000 miles in it before the warranty ran out and have had three more Vettes since!!

This has developed into a fantastic thread with some wonderful memories, but you really should re-join the club and. guess what, I can help you.

funchi

Well-known user
Hi Rich I am getting old but vaguely remember that, but mine is a 2004? is that the C5 Corvette you remember.

Would this be your C5.

R.jpg

Last edited:

Rich

Administrator
Well done, Mick. That's the one. The hood/bonnet was a spare which I used for the paint job. I still have that bonnet in my shed.

funchi

Well-known user
Before I repainted my walls, and went for the minimal look, too lazy to dust the frames, I had a few photos blown up and framed, one this stunning Dark Claret 1980 Corvette outside the Toy Store, and now my favourite pre C4 Corvette this stunning example of a twin headlight side cove C1 Corvette which I think looks outstanding painted yellow with grey side coves, 2 others I remember the stunning yellow Ecklers Daytona Corvette and another I think looks stunning and I nicked name the Ecklers Candy stripped Corvette both previously posted.

The one issue I have all ways had with the C1 Corvette and the powers to be are, how can the 1953 to 55 Corvette, be the same model as the 1956 to 62 Corvette, to me they are as different as chalk and cheese from the outside. The latest Corvette should be a C9 Corvette.

To me the C5 Corvette and C6 Corvette to the uninitiated look more alike, but I can’t change history, rant over.

E-28.jpgE-29.jpgE-30.jpgE-31.jpg

Last edited: