C3 Race Car Build

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Front spindle removed and replaced with a good used one I got from Scott at Corvette Kingdom.
A1CF94AA-1BD8-418C-B730-BF788F268E6D.jpeg

I did remember to put the caliper bracket on!

Much better now. In spec with what the book says, no preload and a slight amount of play. Happy with that now.

62D2EAE7-4F60-49A4-8AF7-CEBE9EEF8A1E.jpeg

Not sure why I missed this probably because it was on the bottom.

C45E2E23-AD2D-43CD-B27E-701D49FD5605.jpeg

Rear spring split again

52B4C96E-6BEC-45E0-8B33-20B2356B2C6F.jpeg

And top leaf ground so it fits

5562D728-AE7D-493C-B36F-526DDD4DF1B6.jpeg

Need to get some new bolts now.

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
Fab progress and info as always.
Makes my "challenge" of having to replace my front swaybar bushes and top & bottom A-arm bushes pale into insignificance!😂

Jimbo64

CCCUK Member
They’re a right pain!
Swaybar bushes went relatively easy this afternoon, but will have to delay doing the a-arm ones, as I don't have any spring clamps anymore, nor a press to fit new bushes, both pals who have the latter are not 'open for business/homers' yet!

Chodosh

CCCUK Member
Funny that I totally missed this thread.... chodosh Jnr - I run and race the black 58 (used to be dads with flames) and am putting the last touches to my C3 FIA race car.

great build, I was lucky that my car was more than half done when I got it. Seems that you have are reading the right books and Making the most of all the little tricks like gusseting, lowering the floor etc etc.

what tank are you running? Standard or large capacity?

also... What colour are you going for???

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Funny that I totally missed this thread.... chodosh Jnr - I run and race the black 58 (used to be dads with flames) and am putting the last touches to my C3 FIA race car.

great build, I was lucky that my car was more than half done when I got it. Seems that you have are reading the right books and Making the most of all the little tricks like gusseting, lowering the floor etc etc.

what tank are you running? Standard or large capacity?

also... What colour are you going for???

Hiya. Thanks. It’s going ok-ish at the moment. I’ll probably get Concept Racing in Ross to make me a tank, I’ve used them before. Not 100% sure on size yet, period Group 4 and IMSA regs allowed for up to 130 litres so I’ve got pretty free rein. Wheels and fuel tank are the only things I’ve not got clear in my head what I want.

Colour-wise I’m leaning towards orange.

Have spoken to Bernie a couple of times met him at the NEC, my mate had got his car on the same stand.

AA5CD31B-01F5-4F07-81E6-9B7C7CC52F5E.jpeg

Oneball

CCCUK Member
T top trim on today, that’s something I can do without ever doing again. Might seem a daft way to do it but there’s some screws that I don’t think I’ll be able to get to once the rollcage is in place.

B02BF3B2-88B2-45E9-99B7-05F59C0BCA92.jpeg

johng

CCCUK Member
You appear to have a couple of stainless or aluminium trim pieces where I've marked. My car doesn't have these, does anyone know if they should be there on a 78?

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Can’t really help you John. My bits of trim seem to be 68/69 only but were replaced with a different bit of trim in 1970.

Managed to separate the inner wings from the old front end this afternoon. Fair bit of repair work to do but came off easier than I was expecting.

7827A3CB-1FC3-48AE-940A-31DAF429E8EC.jpegF841E7D4-74C6-40D0-A015-B646F566C4BC.jpeg

johng

CCCUK Member
T top trim on today, that’s something I can do without ever doing again. Might seem a daft way to do it but there’s some screws that I don’t think I’ll be able to get to once the rollcage is in place.

View attachment 6809

I meant to ask you, what have you done about putting sealant under the T Top trim?
John

Oneball

CCCUK Member
The chrome bits at the back are u-shaped so filled those with sealer. Sealed the front of the header rail where the trim meets it and the rear edge of the t bar along with the seam where it joins the two other bits.

I used a windscreen sealant that stays flexible but not the urethane windscreen adhesives.

CEBE04AB-FB52-4A0C-B151-93FA29BA74D0.jpeg