C3 Race Car Build

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Cam plug in, having struggled with the two others that were a different size this one went in easily, so easily I’m now worrying it’s too small :ROFLMAO:
5655F834-A499-4146-A0CB-4C4015FBA20B.jpeg

Calipers on
CE8686B6-EECF-4997-8886-BA66CD64D149.jpeg

Front lines made up
EBFAED97-9BC7-41AC-869F-7520C25D6588.jpeg

antijam

CCCUK Member
Cam plug in, having struggled with the two others that were a different size this one went in easily, so easily I’m now worrying it’s too small :ROFLMAO:

Surely you knew Tim, core plugs always come in 2 sizes - 2 big and 2 small..... ;)

It's definitely coming together though (y)

johng

CCCUK Member
I don't get how you manage to get so much done, especially as you also appear to have a job to go to. I finished tiling and grouting the bathroom today, so got an hour off for good behavior :) All I managed to do was to fit the power door lock switch and wing mirror remote control bezel to the driver's side door panel and glue on the hood weatherstrip. Back to work on the bathroom tomorrow:(

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Two calipers and two brake lines isn’t much for 2.5 hours work tonight. Wasted time with spring washers that keep opening out. Don’t remember it happening in the past but in the last couple of years it seems to be an issue.

And obviously I spent less time on the bathroom than you.
A2F8E5CB-002F-4803-81A0-F0252B32A48E.jpeg
worst bit is there was a spare one in the shed but I binned it!

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Flywheel and clutch on, fair bit of starter fannying and not too sure what to do, it’s a bit off clearance and will be almost impossible to remove with the engine in.
6B6D637B-E6AD-4E4B-B3F5-43FDDF1DBAE9.jpeg272B06CA-F25E-4824-A355-935FDE31A58B.jpegDBBD46C8-0B07-47FC-9320-C57AB8E7E566.jpeg

Last edited:

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Can’t get the metering blocks off the carb so left them soaking in PlusGas
7DA7098D-466B-42BF-8DBA-369FAD17B2A1.jpeg

Not happy with the brake lines I did either, not up to my usual standard, think I’m going to redo in Aeroquip. Don’t do things after dinner is the moral here.

johng

CCCUK Member
Funnily enough when you said "Two calipers and two brake lines isn’t much for 2.5 hours work" I was going to reply that it would take me all day, as I would almost certainly have to remake the brake lines 3 times over. :)

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
Can’t get the metering blocks off the carb so left them soaking in PlusGas
View attachment 9784

Not happy with the brake lines I did either, not up to my usual standard, think I’m going to redo in Aeroquip. Don’t do things after dinner is the moral here.
No don't do stuff after dinner. I put a brand new seat cover back on about 9.30pm not so long ago and managed to tear it, had to buy a new one which was a costly mistake. ya brain don't work so well later in the day.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
No don't do stuff after dinner. I put a brand new seat cover back on about 9.30pm not so long ago and managed to tear it, had to buy a new one which was a costly mistake. ya brain don't work so well later in the day.

Expectation of alcohol.

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
The bills do too:eek:

I sent them the drawing for it a few weeks ago.
I know that feeling. Welding,Oil pan,Brakes inc discs all round, M/C, Booster, suspension all round, Fuel pump,Clutch oh the list goes on. Will be one nicely set up car though when it comes back from CK in a few weeks

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Not convinced by the clutch fork position, the description of its correct position seems a bit spurious but I reckon it’s the wrong side of the arc on the ball think I need to get an adjustable pivot. nothing is ever simple.

5CAF8D8A-E804-4A65-84E7-71FD00ABCCD5.jpeg