C3 Race Car Build

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Good work. Also handy for me seeing the steering box, rag joint and steering column all clearly exposed. I want to replace my rag joint and I'm trying to work the best way to do it - undo and pull steering column into cockpit, or undo and move steering box out of the way. Moving the steering column and wheel seems risky as chance of damaging cables and other stuff attached / near the column. But moving the steering box might be a pain.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Good work. Also handy for me seeing the steering box, rag joint and steering column all clearly exposed. I want to replace my rag joint and I'm trying to work the best way to do it - undo and pull steering column into cockpit, or undo and move steering box out of the way. Moving the steering column and wheel seems risky as chance of damaging cables and other stuff attached / near the column. But moving the steering box might be a pain.

Steering box I reckon. What year is your car, I struggled to identify the right rag joint fir mine.

antijam

CCCUK Member
I pulled the steering column - it was pretty fiddly getting it back again. Swinging the steering box clear might be more straightforward.

Dazaa

Well-known user
Pull the column, much much easier than the box if you have headers, stock manifold might be a different story

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Have you described the engine in any earlier posts? I may have missed it.

It’s there somewhere.

There’s basically three engines homologated for the C3; L88, ZL1 both big blocks and the LT1 small block on which you can run turbo heads and a 750 double pumper so that’s basically what I’ve got. To full race spec so forged crank, race cam etc, In essence it’s a 1970s nascar motor.

johng

CCCUK Member
Maybe a silly question, but why didn't you finish doing the sanding before you fitted the engine?

TimP

CCCUK Member
Looks terrific - really admire the finish you have managed to get on the frame and chassis components.