C3 Race Car Build

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
Awesome Colour Oneball, my dad had an M3 in the mid 90s in Estoril blue looks even better on the vette. Its all looking great. i was lucky with my callipers ive rebuilt mine with new o ring kits, the bores were nice and clean. mines in at CK at the mo having some bits done id struggle to do myself.

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
So brake stuff on hold till bits arrive, thought I’d put the engine and box together.
View attachment 9661

first thing to do was to fit the camshaft core plug, but no chance that’s going in there. Despite what everyone seems to say there’s more than one size and I can’t get a 2 3/32” one anywhere in the UK so at a standstill.
Tasty looking motor

Adtheman

CCCUK Member
Not heard of them, had to have a google, they’re a bit max power
Max Power if you remember this you must be an old dude like me :ROFLMAO: Yes i know what you mean. Ive seen quite a few resto mods done with these and on the right car they can look great. If you like that sort of thing that is. Awaiting the next development on project Estoril. Now that could be a good name for her if she doesn't already have one. Sorry waffling on now.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Not really into naming cars unless you’ve got more than one of the same thing, there’s probably a few on here.

Paint dust cleaned from the engine bay and chassis today, still going to make more mess with cutting and polishing but it’s better for the moment.

11ED0472-4200-4E0E-986B-4854605112A0.jpeg

Bracket made to mount the later type distribution block, didn’t like it being down by the headers.
70E3D20C-E636-44B5-B9EC-2892A92352DC.jpeg

johng

CCCUK Member
That's one advantage of spraying your own car. In order to get mine to the paintshop all the engine, ancillaries, brakes, steering etc had to be fitted first. I've got loads of paint dust in all sorts of hard to get at places under the bonnet which is proving quite difficult to clean up properly.

johng

CCCUK Member
I decided it would be much easier to refit everything to the frame before putting the body back on (and I'm sure it was). If I'd been doing the paint myself, I could have then sprayed the body before putting it on the frame. However, I couldn't think of a way to get the body to and from the paintshop without risk of it getting damaged.