C3 Race Car Build

sublimemike

Well-known user
No issues regarding regs running the fuel lines inside the car? Just in case something you might have overlooked? I don't know the answer myself.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
No issues regarding regs running the fuel lines inside the car? Just in case something you might have overlooked? I don't know the answer myself.

No, pretty common thing to do, need to be braided and no push on joints. (I never put joints inside anyway)

It’s actually safer in some ways as they’re inside the crash structure.

TimP

CCCUK Member
Looking terrific! Very inspiring for me and I've learned so much from studying all your pictures. Many thanks!

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Just been quietly watching this build in the background and have been really impressed by the attention to detail, quality and speed of the work - and importantly sharing it with all of us. I'm sure many on here will have been motivated by Oneballs work (y)
I don`t know about motivated , I feel totally inadequate . 🙁🙁🙁

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Thanks all. It’s slowly coming along. Wheels should be here next week and hopefully the front spoiler beginning of June. I’ve ordered the plexi windows too.

Got to have a look at ordering a couple of hoses to go to the bottom of the radiator too.

Was hoping to get it started next week but I’ve slipped a bit with a long week at work.

And I’ve got an inlaw’s Kent wedding coming up or possibly not (long story imagine a cross between Coronation Street, Sons and Daughters and Bread) So may not be till June.

mickn

CCCUK Member
Thanks all. It’s slowly coming along. Wheels should be here next week and hopefully the front spoiler beginning of June. I’ve ordered the plexi windows too.

Got to have a look at ordering a couple of hoses to go to the bottom of the radiator too.

Was hoping to get it started next week but I’ve slipped a bit with a long week at work.

And I’ve got an inlaw’s Kent wedding coming up or possibly not (long story imagine a cross between Coronation Street, Sons and Daughters and Bread) So may not be till June.
You have time for work as well?:oops:

antijam

CCCUK Member
...and I guess you're not including the non-functioning clock feature, standard in a road going C3 'Vette? Instrument layout looks an improvement on the original ......🙂

johng

CCCUK Member
Very impressive, are you going to label all those switches or just memorise what they all do? (assuming of course that they do actually do something)

Oneball

CCCUK Member
...and I guess you're not including the non-functioning clock feature, standard in a road going C3 'Vette? Instrument layout looks an improvement on the original ......🙂

I think the speedo has got a built in clock, and seeing as I always turn the power off it’ll at least approximate the factory item ;)

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Very impressive, are you going to label all those switches or just memorise what they all do? (assuming of course that they do actually do something)

yep need to dig the Dymo out for the period look.
Switches are starting far left:

Wipers
Lights
Diff pump
Interior fan
Washer
Rain light
Spot lights
Interior light
Speedo on/off
Ignition
Fuel pump

johng

CCCUK Member
Well most of those make sense, but Rain light and Speedo on/off, surely they are just to make up the numbers:rolleyes:

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Rain light is a requirement for circuit racing in the UK and Europe (flashy red thing you see in F1)
Speedo off is because they’re a distraction in a race as the needle moves and catches your eye. There’s no cable in the Mini but this one is electric.