C3 Race Car Build

antijam

CCCUK Member
Back in the days many of my friends had Minis (Road Going) De-seamed, twin tanked, lowered, Minilites 1071s to 1440cc, but the one common item was the 40DCOE - There is just something about the induction noise of a Weber sitting just the other side of the Bulkhead in a Mini - What CC are you running Tim and is it carbed?
Back in the '60's the most motoring fun you could have for the least money was a Mini - any Mini. Mine introduced me to cars that could 'handle' - until lack of talent lead to the inevitable..... :oops:

1-mini02-001.JPG

....and before anyone suggests it, I wasn't 'juiced' when it happened !

HJG

Well-known user
Back in the '60's the most motoring fun you could have for the least money was a Mini - any Mini. Mine introduced me to cars that could 'handle' - until lack of talent lead to the inevitable..... :oops:

View attachment 10355

....and before anyone suggests it, I wasn't 'juiced' when it happened !
Did it hit a traffic cone?

antijam

CCCUK Member
Lucky you walked away from that.....
Yes indeed - although I have to admit I didn't actually 'walk'. The Mini's 'crumple zone' turned out to be my right leg - still, the time in hospital helped me give up smoking, so it wasn't all bad. :cry::)

Roscobbc

Only ever had one Mini - a 1960 850cc which already had Cooper reverse rims and was lowered (I think) - put a pair of Cooper carbs and exhaust manifold - took the head apart and cleaned-up the ports, machined off the surface to raise compression and installed stronger valve springs. It went quite well but I was forever replacing head steady's - seemed to continually rip them out of the bulkhead........starter button on the floor was an issue too - on unmade road surfaces the exhaust pipe would 'touch' the starter button contacts and 'short' the starter circuit........

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Trial bolt in of the tank.
BCFD9333-A33E-41B7-9F17-DDF63BB832B6.jpeg
Need to mount fuel pump, fuel filter, diff pump and cooler somewhere along with working out what to do with the fuel filler

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Bit of an update but nothing massively exciting.
Fuel line and fittings arrived
46C12C6B-FF4A-481C-AB03-DB9DB0E14227.jpeg

Battery fits, phew!
1B408A9B-33D2-478B-B6C4-5CF35677AFAA.jpeg

Dash set out ready for cutting holes
F91F4560-0AD6-4FA8-BBDA-36F6BA8F277B.jpeg8DE56FF0-6A00-485C-9E8F-CB4959FB694F.jpeg

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Wiring started
B9A7488C-5A9F-4390-940A-F05F2FB40AAF.jpeg
Alternator and front lights in heat shrink, they’ll run down the left of the engine bay. Need a central engine loom for ignition, warnings and wiper motor and one on the far right for starter and washers.1827B3A8-7118-4859-8D37-5B2C00BEF671.jpeg

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Very impressive Oneball ! Auto electrics always look like a map of the London Underground to me . :unsure: