C3 Race Car Build

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Not entirely happy with the cooling system, expansion tank level and possible air locks. Going to add a small pipe from the top of the thermostat housing to the expansion tank to allow any air out. Also have raised the expansion tank by an inch, removing, cutting and welding the existing bracket.

From this
06D85138-B424-48B7-9F20-50B0142AAF1F.jpeg
To this
1E510FDE-F654-4AE6-A660-977F5613CAA6.jpeg

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Small update, basically no further forward. Got it all back together today and the Moroso thermostat hosing I got is as a bent as Athur Daley so leaks like a sieve under the gasket. Ordered something different off Amazon so we’ll see in the new year.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Ooh I forgot. The new carb float arrived too so it’s no longer pumping fuel out the overflow. Was about to give it a tune but the thermostat housing started leaking.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Spent about 40 mins with some wet and dry on a piece of glass and the top cover of the housing still isn’t flat, gave up till tomorrow now my thumb is numb.
C39CF87C-730D-4F02-88D3-98AF605F9F1A.jpeg

PERRY

New user
Started stripping paint, bored now :sleep: it’s had a shunt in the left rear at some point that’s going to need a repair and it’ll need a new front lower valance. It seems to have been sanded to fibreglass previously and the yukky yellow put on top of high build primer. There’s the odd places you can see the original silver.

View attachment 3988
HI HOW DID YOU REMOVE PAINT ?

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Got it all back together with the revised thermostat housing
0C4A0953-1AE4-4DD6-946B-FB2FD83C02E8.jpeg

And still leaks so back to the standard set up. Run up to fan cutting in and seems ok. Temp gauge works smoothly and hopefully the revised height header tank will mean the sender and thermostat are fully submerged all the time.
8F22EE21-9AC2-4DF1-818F-1D10B65DF522.jpeg