C3 Race Car Build

Oneball

CCCUK Member
TBH Oneball I've had all the above issues in the past - an Edelbrock Torker inlet was a big culprit - had to use a 5% angled spacer to get the carb 100% level - compensating with raising/lowering float levels was not the real answer. The other thing perhaps to consider is excessive fuel pressure.......not enough to create an issue during normal running......but sufficient perhaps to create a situation that you have described. Holley float needles IMHO are rather 'delicate' and don't take too much excess fuel pressure......what about trying next size/diameter down float needles? (restrict the incoming flow)......so many people overdo the fuel feed/fuel pump pressure etc on Holly carbs which is generally the root cause of many issues (certainly for street driven cars)
I don’t think it’s fuel pressure, it was a bit low at idle so I increased it to 7psi, it did it before and after. It’s had little and large float needles and no difference.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Sorry Oneball - I'm at a loss now.......perhaps borrow another carb, stick it on and compare?
Thanks. I’ve had another look and the floats weren’t where I thought they were. So put the secondary 1/8” below the sight and the primary just above. I’ll give it another go in the week.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Given it a run and it seems much better. Going to try raising the secondary float a flat at a time and see what it does.

johng

CCCUK Member
I saw a lot of that view of my car this morning. Whilst out last night I'd noticed that something was rubbing on left hand turns. Looking this morning I found that a couple of my lower control arm bush bolts were loose and 1 was missing, allowing the arm to move backwards about 10mm! I've now put them all back in with Loctite. Hope yours stay put.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
I saw a lot of that view of my car this morning. Whilst out last night I'd noticed that something was rubbing on left hand turns. Looking this morning I found that a couple of my lower control arm bush bolts were loose and 1 was missing, allowing the arm to move backwards about 10mm! I've now put them all back in with Loctite. Hope yours stay put.

Have you got lock washers on?
Checking every fastener is on the to do list

9B3CC097-3967-4723-937E-C612852961A1.jpeg

antijam

CCCUK Member
Checking every fastener is on the to do list
With you on that Tim. I've got a nasty habit of tightening nuts and bolts up by hand as I go along and telling myself I'll go back and torque them all up correctly when everything is finished. I've found out the hard way that I don't always remember every one - so now I make a list....:(

johng

CCCUK Member
Yes I've got lock washers on and I'm confident I torqued them all up (it was on my list too) Having said that getting at the front upper arm bolts is nearly impossible with radiator and shroud fitted

need to torque front a arm bolts when at ride height and again after a few miles
12/12/2019​

johng

CCCUK Member
Are you planning on taking it to the Nationals this year? Would be great to actually see it (and hear it!)