C3 Race Car Build

Oneball

CCCUK Member
And it still looks the same :rolleyes: various repairs to the doors done, pin holes filled just need to put some black paint in the inner wings and then I think it’s finally ready to mask off and put the epoxy primer on.
C4B1402D-4911-489F-9422-8818B690FC79.jpeg

johng

CCCUK Member
So as not to hijack TimP's thread, is your colour Estoril Blue Metallic ?
335Estorilblau Estoril Blue Metallic51 91 1 052 402
If so, good choice - blue is best!

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Yep you get the CCUK competition prize which is apparently half a digestive!

I used to have an Alpina in that colour which I really loved.

01629DE4-B996-4214-99D5-98CB4999E9FA.jpeg

johng

CCCUK Member
If you can post a pic of a Ford on a Chevy forum then a BMW is surely acceptable.
That's completely different! Anyway since I worked for Ford for 36 years, they funded my purchase of a Corvette, so it's only fair they should get some publicity in return.

Roscobbc

I was a Ford enthusiast (both UK and USA) long before buying my Vette. Whilst Ford did quite well in the USA cduring the early 60's with their hi-po 390' and 427's it was Chevy that had the ultimate engine (427 also) that was way ahead of the blue oval - Ford never really caught up before the early 70's emissions crisis. A Ford small block was always less expensive to achieve the same HP as a Chevy - untill the Coyote lump came about. Of course we now have GM's LS powerplant which seems capable of taking as much blower or turbo boost as we want giving unbelievable but reliable output figures. I do now prefer a Chevy engine but one foot is still in the FoMoCo camp.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
I was a Ford enthusiast (both UK and USA) long before buying my Vette. Whilst Ford did quite well in the USA cduring the early 60's with their hi-po 390' and 427's it was Chevy that had the ultimate engine (427 also) that was way ahead of the blue oval - Ford never really caught up before the early 70's emissions crisis. A Ford small block was always less expensive to achieve the same HP as a Chevy - untill the Coyote lump came about. Of course we now have GM's LS powerplant which seems capable of taking as much blower or turbo boost as we want giving unbelievable but reliable output figures. I do now prefer a Chevy engine but one foot is still in the FoMoCo camp.
Ford always seemed to do special performance engines that weren’t widely available, side oiler, 427 SOHC, Boss 429 etc. Where as other than the mkii BB Chevy just “cammed” their normal motors which I think made them the normal tunners choice.

Roscobbc

Ford always seemed to do special performance engines that weren’t widely available, side oiler, 427 SOHC, Boss 429 etc. Where as other than the mkii BB Chevy just “cammed” their normal motors which I think made them the normal tunners choice.
I had one of FoMoCo's 'Saturday Night Specials' - one of 500 only '71 429 SCJ Mustangs. Came with factory 4.11 Detroit Locker - crazy, lethal machine and in numbers terms rarer than even a Boss 429.