C3 Race Car Build

Dazaa

Well-known user
Very nice, my old mans got a Z1000 and a Z900 he's been restoring for the past 20 years, picked them up from the states when they were scrap metal money in the 90's.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Build primer on the body but having problems with my compressor. It’s just not producing the volume of air. Not sure whether it’s rings or if it’s worth pulling the head to look or not.

10633A69-9B5D-43DA-9D34-2DEE646A2DD8.jpeg

Brightgreenmeanmachine

Well-known user
i too race cars, various ones over the years. I did consider getting my C3 to race spec for bernies v8's or cscc.. but decided to stick with my mg midget for another season with the mgoc.... where will you be racing yours ? as my mate is building a c3 to race also in bernies v8's.. its the guy whos doing my engine..

Oneball

CCCUK Member
i too race cars, various ones over the years. I did consider getting my C3 to race spec for bernies v8's or cscc.. but decided to stick with my mg midget for another season with the mgoc.... where will you be racing yours ? as my mate is building a c3 to race also in bernies v8's.. its the guy whos doing my engine..

I might do some of Bernie’s V8s too. Still got the Cooper S as well. But not actually seen it for a year

What sort of C3 is your mate building?

Brightgreenmeanmachine

Well-known user
Late Red c3 not big block... ive had a few parts off it. He's getting it done for this season... providing we have a race season that is....! Is yours manual? I thought about just sticking a cage and fire safety in mine whilst it's stripped and having a blast but I know how it would end!

Oneball

CCCUK Member
So what was up with your compressor?

I thought it was getting old. So replaced it, all be it with a bigger one. But still wasn’t quite right. Eventually traced it to a corroded quick release right at the compressor end. Checked all the others but that one. So now have a spare 7.5cfm compressor!

TimP

CCCUK Member
The car in primer looks great - can't wait to see what it looks like in topcoat. Sorry if someone has asked this before but you have 4 holes behind the headlight pods - is this for the reinforcement that goes on the underside?

Oneball

CCCUK Member
The car in primer looks great - can't wait to see what it looks like in topcoat. Sorry if someone has asked this before but you have 4 holes behind the headlight pods - is this for the reinforcement that goes on the underside?

The holes are to take the bolts that secure the headlight covers.
07773FCF-5522-4CF3-92DB-4478265B8705.jpeg