C3 Race Car Build

Oneball

CCCUK Member
It’s not actually a Corvette loom as that wouldn’t quite work with all the extra bits and some of the vac switches would be superfluous. The bit that’s got me scratching my head though is the hazard switch in the column as looking at the Vette diagram it doesn’t quite work how you’d normally wire a hazard switch.

johng

CCCUK Member
Tim, don't know if yours is the same as a 78, but mine is also different to how you might expect. The wiring diagram and text below explains how mine is supposed to work, although of course I have also modified mine to separate the rear indicators from the brake lights.

lighting diagram.jpg

lighting description.jpg

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Thanks John. The 68/69 wiring diagram doesn’t seem to have a separate hazard flasher and looks like the switch links two of the indicator circuits together. I can’t get my head round what the switch does. Think I’ll have to measure each circuit with the switch open and closed.

johng

CCCUK Member
That looks like a fair bit of money just in the fuel lines. Are you keeping a count of what the car has cost you?

Oneball

CCCUK Member
That looks like a fair bit of money just in the fuel lines. Are you keeping a count of what the car has cost you?
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I gave up when it went over twice my initial budget.
Actually the race bits aren’t the expensive stuff. Corvette parts are the most expensive bits I’ve ever come across.

johng

CCCUK Member
I know what you mean, I originally budgeted to spend £2500 on fixing up the car, but I'm now over £7500. Actually some bits have seemed really quite cheap, others not so. I suppose the good news is that there is very little you can't actually get at all.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Wiring for the pumps and tank all done along with making a loom for the rear lights and all installed.
8E59D5F7-4981-4684-AE6F-97874C7B43A0.jpegD1A4F2F7-B881-4BF8-B22B-918CC27B8A9B.jpeg
I’ve at last worked out how to wire the wipers through a toggle switch. Onto the front lights and engine wiring next.

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
I’ve at last worked out how to wire the wipers through a toggle switch. Onto the front lights and engine wiring next.
I could have helped you there if our wiper motors are the same type - I did it on mine years ago. [After similar head scratching] I used a three position toggle with six pins. Both high and low wires have to be grounded to get the low speed.