C5 died

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Yes it is possible when turning the steering wheel when changing fluid that somehow the pin from the CL motor expanded out
that would have sent a signal to say locked and pin is stuck that position and PCM is doing as design and will not turn fuel to injectors on

As mentioned, you might be able to free that pin to close
If your C5 had the CL recall done, with auto tranny someone removed the plate behind the steering wheel which has a small hole
that pin goes into to lock
But that does prevent the pin expanding out so steering wheel still turns but the pin out telling PCM wheel is locked

Oneball

CCCUK Member
In theory that means they are firing. I’d pull a plug and see if smells of fuel to check.

So if you have spark and fuel then the other option is the throttle body isn’t operating but that would usually give you an error message.
Check you’ve not discontented something when you did the belt. Take the tube off and see if it moves when you try to start.

So changed all the plugs back to the old ones just to rule that out
All the plugs smell of fuel
But still won’t start
When you set take the tube off do you mean here

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.6 KB · Views: 7

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
In theory that means they are firing. I’d pull a plug and see if smells of fuel to check.

So if you have spark and fuel then the other option is the throttle body isn’t operating but that would usually give you an error message.
Check you’ve not discontented something when you did the belt. Take the tube off and see if it moves when you try to start.

The drive by wire motor for the TB is to the right of his hand
as you see, the wiring connector is inserted and is locked to prevent the connector coming off the wiring connector
On default, the DBW controller commands the butterfly opened about 10%,
so even then engine would start, may not idle well but would start when in this case no start at all

We can continue to make guesses for another 3 months and only luck may stumble onto the problem
when again getting the DIC to work would show what is wrong and if not getting a known working OBD scanner functioning would also do that

With someone listening closely by the TB, someone else turns key on, engine off and listen to hear DBW motor or butterfly moving
Or on the other side of TB is the TPS sensor, with a multi meter it functions on 5 volts and would tell if that is functioning
when someone slowly step gas pedal to the floor and again listening for Butterfly movement

Check the wiring connector to the MAF, (right after the bad designed air cleaners used) you see the wiring to the left of his hand and assure connector is firmly plugged in and no wiring damage

dbw.jpg

Ok so the air intake flap opens when the throttle is pressed
So got air ,fuel,spark
Hopefully found a shop a couple of hrs away going to call them in the week and see if I can get the car to them
I will post what it was when / if they fix it
That said I would like to thank everyone who offered advice on how to get the car going especially Team ZR-1 I might not of fixed the car but have learnt so much about the car.
This is why groups like this are a great resource
Pete

So it turns out it was a injector that had failed . Problem was it passed all the tests . In desperation and still thinking it was not an injector problem we changed all of them . The problem remained and really had us stumped . So we were about to remove the heads to have a look inside . Once we were lifting the fuel rail fuel pored out of one injector . That’s right the brand new injector had exactly the same problem as the old one .