Future C3 Owner Questions

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Back to rag tops , here is shot my Marcos on set at the old TVR works in Blackpool for filming a Top Gear feature on classic British sports cars . It was the shape I fell in love with as a lad in the 1960`s in the same way I fell in love with the Mako Shark shape that morphed into the C3 .Marcos at Top Gear.jpg

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Hell no am I driving with the tops on.
You better buy a wet suite then for our wonderful British weather . :LOL: Mind you , the Marcos was so aerodynamic that as long as you could do more than 30mph in the rain the water shot over the cockpit and landed on the boot lid . You weren`t any drier with hood up ! :rolleyes:

Vetman

CCCUK Member
Seems to me that a rag top is great if your car is garaged and only used on occasional sunny days. If buying an outdoor kept daily driver then a T top is better. I take my squeaky panels off in Spring and tend to only use the car when the tops are not needed. I like to have them onboard for security should I have to leave the car unattended. Driving with the tops off feels like an outdoor experience, and as I don’t have eyes in the back of my head, I don’t mind the rear structure.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Oddly a few of the C3 owners I know do not remove the T roofs at any time
You'll have to add me to that list for 99% of the time I drive my Corvette. Let me get it out of the way - I'm weird, I hate hot weather, and bright sunlight. I'd much rather a full coupe (fixed roof) for my C3 instead of t-tops, but the t-tops do the same job if I keep them on, but alas with more options to have the rain leak in due to the t-top seals etc.

Call me weird, feel free. The only time my t-tops have been off was the first show I went to with a mate and he wanted them off. I got surburnt. They have also been off on my wedding day for better photos, and the occasional time I had to remove them for maintenance etc in my garage.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
You'll have to add me to that list for 99% of the time I drive my Corvette. Let me get it out of the way - I'm weird, I hate hot weather, and bright sunlight. I'd much rather a full coupe (fixed roof) for my C3 instead of t-tops, but the t-tops do the same job if I keep them on, but alas with more options to have the rain leak in due to the t-top seals etc.

Call me weird, feel free. The only time my t-tops have been off was the first show I went to with a mate and he wanted them off. I got surburnt. They have also been off on my wedding day for better photos, and the occasional time I had to remove them for maintenance etc in my garage.
Are you related to Count Dracula and only come out in the dark too ? :ROFLMAO:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Are you related to Count Dracula and only come out in the dark too ? :ROFLMAO:
No, just unfortunate medical issues means I'm not built like the majority of people. Would be nice to appreciate the sun more and be "normal", but alas not. Hey hum. So yeah, you'll hardly see my C3 with its t-tops off (might take the rear window out sometimes when I've fixed the seal on it and managed to un-bodge it from the previous owner who silicone sealant'd it in place.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
No, just unfortunate medical issues means I'm not built like the majority of people. Would be nice to appreciate the sun more and be "normal", but alas not. Hey hum. So yeah, you'll hardly see my C3 with its t-tops off (might take the rear window out sometimes when I've fixed the seal on it and managed to un-bodge it from the previous owner who silicone sealant'd it in place.
Sorry to hear about your medical issues , I cannot imagine life not being able to enjoy sunny weather as I lap it up at every possibility .

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I must say though, I do like the look of the convertible C2 and C3 with the roof down, and same for the Dart above. All look really good with the roof down, much nicer in fact. I do love the photos :cool:

Roscobbc

I'm with CaptK (to a point anyway) re. sitting in blazing sunshine) - for me, and specifically in summer I simply have to remove the roofs and rear window to avoid being cooked at gas mark 5 by the heat given off by the engine. Don't care for being microwave cooked either by intense sunshine and will usually wear a baseball cap and sleeved shirt.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
T-Tops off, or tag top down for me. I think the soft top on my 65 has only been up about a dozen times in 30 years in the UK It’s AlWAYS top down motoring for me.
When in Florida it’s a different matter during the height of summer, too hot on the head .

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Today's next question to those in the know:

Does a C3 Need Road Tax Paid?
This might seem straightforward as the DVLA site says:
Historic vehicles
Vehicles made before 1 January 1981 are exempt.

That said, I have seen some early 1970's that appear to be taxed when I have checked their status on the DVLA site.
Why would this be please? :unsure:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Today's next question to those in the know:

Does a C3 Need Road Tax Paid?
This might seem straightforward as the DVLA site says:
Historic vehicles
Vehicles made before 1 January 1981 are exempt.

That said, I have seen some early 1970's that appear to be taxed when I have checked their status on the DVLA site.
Why would this be please? :unsure:
Cars 40 years old are exempt from road tax and mot

So nearly all C3’s ( all if you correctly fill in the paperwork relating to a 1982 C3) are now road tax exempt.