James Camaro?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
James, you’re probably have to pay more for a 1979 Z28 than you would for a 1974/77 T-Top coupe or convertible stateside. Most of those old F bodies were peanuts for years and as such trashed then junked or just plain wore out. Not many about now compared to Corvettes, and prices have rocketed.

Here’s one on the bay now $32k

57143E41-CCBC-48B0-9EF2-60B7295C45A9.jpeg

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Classic Corvette Club UK - Website Terms and Rules...
... and i quote: 'By using the Service, you agree to ensure that any Content remains "on topic"...
I nearly fell off my chair.

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I didnt make it up honest.. Website Terms and Rules

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
... and i quote: 'By using the Service, you agree to ensure that any Content remains "on topic"...

Ho

Well that worked didn

James Vette

CCCUK Member
James, you’re probably have to pay more for a 1979 Z28 than you would for a 1974/77 T-Top coupe or convertible stateside. Most of those old F bodies were peanuts for years and as such trashed then junked or just plain wore out. Not many about now compared to Corvettes, and prices have rocketed.

Here’s one on the bay now $32k

View attachment 10962
Maple Motors had one for $14k.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I personally don’t think it would be very good for $14k a private seller would ask more than that for anything half decent, let alone a dealership. But of course it could be a bargain. At some point in time, you will have to decide on something and bite the bullitt. We’ve all been there at some point.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Gateway classic cars have this one for sale in there ft Lauderdale showroom. Always liked them in white, this one has the desirable T-Top.
If you do go down the Camaro route, DO try to find one with the T-Top. It WILL make it so much easier to sell in the future. Even if your not bothered about having it, your find most buyers are. It may cost more to purchase, but you’ll recoup it when you sell.
06B6C161-9EA9-4B6A-A019-44DAAAF38967.jpeg

Last edited:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Here’s a nice looking car James. A 1974 Z28 which is a rare car in itself. It’s on the bay .com S20k

80896E0E-1042-4C8C-AC0E-6B13979A7500.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Had quite a few camaro’s over the years, both as personal cars and ones for sale. Always liked them. Stylish, sporty looking, drove good, comfortable, and for a long time bloody good value. Great for going out with friends, that’s the Corvettes downfall. As with all 2 seaters, only one passenger.
It’s eye opening to see how expensive they have become, more so stateside.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I was always been a huge fan of the Camaro right from boyhood and preferred them to the Mustang which I always thought was a bit too ubiquitous . It`s a bit like being a Beetles or a Rolling Stones fan . !966 to 73 for preference as never did much like the chisel front end redesign of the 74 onwards models A mate of mine has a gorgeous yellow Z28 with tan vinyl roof that he has owned from nearly new .DSCF3014.JPG