James Camaro?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
.... 4130 actual miles... amazing! ;)
This one has even lower miles on it.
6 Miles from new in 1979. YES 6 MILES FROM NEW.

For sale at Daniel Schmitt.

Yours for $100k. Yes indeed 100 thousand dollars for a Trans AM.
Lovely thing to own, BUT as a car pretty useless.

CC792717-AA09-4A44-ADCD-F73B23CD0F7B.jpeg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
These late 70’s Trans Ams are fast outpacing the equivalent Corvette’s like for like in the states right now.
I can remember when you could buy 2 x 79 T/A’s and have change for the price of a 79 vet.
Not anymore.

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
Looking at that photo of the light blue cuda, reminded me of John Jemmetts old 70 challenger
“The Artfull Dodger.
Anybody Remember it? I’ve still got the issue of custom car

I remember the Artful Dodger but for some reason it never really rocked my world.. did it come out in the 1980s?.. by then i was hooked on Motorcycles.
The likes of the French Connection Mustang, the Bullitt Mustang, Silhouette Camaro, Easy Living Corvette and others stick in my mind.
And the Meaner than a junkyard dog 'Street Fighter' Camaro...

Street Fighter.jpg

Last edited:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Always liked the Chrysler hi impact colours. Favourite was Plum Crazy/In violet. and of course the Dodger was plum crazy.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Another nice Bright colour was B5 Blue. ( Bright Blue Poly)
Always liked that one, possibly why I’ve kept my Nassau Blue Corvette for so long.
Another favourite was Fords Gulfstream Aqua. Beautiful colour, and with a white interior, the car popped.

Derek Nicol

Well-known user
The second generation Dodge Challenger was like that, i used to lust after it in the early 1980's at the car showroom where my father bought his cars... a factory Dodge showroom in the UK? i hear you ask... well, not quite, the car i lusted after was the Mitsubishi Colt Sapporo... the same car without the cool name... im not helping much am i?

Found out last night that Chuffer used to own a Dodge Conquest.