Nice looking Vettes with Attitude here please

Oneball

CCCUK Member
I lost the hearing in my left ear as even with a full faced helmet the side exhaust was over 104 Dba as there was no real mufflers but a baffle
Due to the speeds needed had to run a large fuel cell and depending on type of race used multi clutch discs in either 8 or 5 inch and flywheels weighing about 7 pounds.
Spun up RPMs real quick, but hell getting car moved from a dead stop

How did you find the McLoed twin disc?

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
How did you find the McLoed twin disc?
Hi Oneball

Mcleod has been making clutch systems for decades and are known for good designs that can handle the torque and load
The dual is more streetable then a 3 disc design as it can handle the heat of clutch better.
They will work with you as in my case I wanted a lightweight flywheel but would be strong duty
I also did a lot of drag racing and their clutches held up fine

Last edited:

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Hi Oneball

Mcleod has been making clutch systems for decades and are known for good designs that can handle the torque and load
The dual is more streetable then a 3 disc folder as it can handle the heat of clutch better.
They will work with you as in my case I wanted a lightweight flywheel but would be strong duty
I also did a lot of drag racing and their clutches held up fine
Thanks, went with a big single plate in mine, good to know they’re a good option.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Thanks, went with a big single plate in mine, good to know they’re a good option.
Can save a huge amount of weight with their clutches and flywheels that is a lot of performance killing with the stock setups and lighter the mass is the faster the engine RPMs ramp up and I mean real fast.

Just do not go too light, where it then cannot get the mass of the vehicle rolling from a dead stop

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Can save a huge amount of weight with their clutches and flywheels that is a lot of performance killing with the stock setups and lighter the mass is the faster the engine RPMs ramp up and I mean real fast.

Just do not go too light, where it then cannot get the mass of the vehicle rolling from a dead stop
Mine is reasonably light without being silly. But as it’s a single it’s pretty heavy on the pedal
D94E2603-F036-40B7-9164-89FD41800F68.jpeg

Letank

CCCUK Member
That’s a very easy way to spot a 69 against a 68. The other easy one are the back up lights. Others are not so easy to spot, as many are interior improvements
Don’t forget the Stingray badge 🤭
Although, there are many 68s out there with the badge added and a few 69s with it removed.
There’s a 69 in south mids region with 68 doors and interior. That one really confused me! 😂

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I missed that important piece of information the first time around.
239 mph!! holy crap, thats impressive. 😲(y)
We have a group in Team ZR-1 that is called "Big Balls Gang"

To be in the group have to do and prove doing at least 120 MPH
Then to stay in the gang, each year must go faster than the year before
so we have been doing this gang for 20 years now, and it gets harder each year once your speeds are up there

Each speed group has its own colored balls that hung below our Corvettes :)

rebel2.jpg