Nice looking Vettes with Attitude here please

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Kodak InstaMatic by the sound of it . I had one in my yoof . Thet were 24 shots cassette film .
After Googling, nope. That is waaaaaaay too fancy compared to what I had.

Mine looked more like this style, and was blue, and not made by a fancy camera company I think. The bit on the top was where you you could attach the optional 5 or 6 (or 8 or 10???) shot flash system.
1665044400374.png

Stingray

CCCUK Member
Mine looked more like this style, and was blue, and not made by a fancy camera company I think. The bit on the top was where you you could attach the optional 5 or 6 (or 8 or 10???) shot flash system.

It all started with the 4-shot "flash cube" which plugged on top of the Instamatic.

"The Kodak Flashcube—a rotating cube with a miniature flashbulb incarcerated within each of its four mirrored compartments—made amateur photography of the domestic interior possible from the mid-1960s onwards. It also reduced the risk of injury presented by its forebears. Its mother, the single-use luminescent flashbulb, resembled a domestic light bulb and would project shattered glass as well as light. Its fragility disguised its ferocity. In 1965, however, the need for greater safety and simplicity urged the Flashcube into existence."

I'm a Kodak Instamatic
And I am all black
When you push my button
I go off, just like that. (Presumably a Tommy Cooper reference...)

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I was given a hand me down Brownie 127 by my mum when I was about 11 or 12 years old . Needless to say I used it to take usually blurred photos of steam trains !
I ended up having to use two elastic bands to hold the two halves together where you put film in as the screw thread broke . When I was allowed to borrow my mums Kodak Instamatic that took colour slide shots , I thought I had hit the big time . :LOL:
I still have all those early colour slides in my collection. Also have some of the old Brownie 127.jpgblack & whites taken on the 127.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
After Googling, nope. That is waaaaaaay too fancy compared to what I had.

Back in the mid 1970s, I had a crazy job
For 2 years had to travel 12 western states which had 900 banks grouped up by the Western Bank Corp (WBC)
I travelled non-stop from bank to bank, installing the first computer based systems that had to wire each teller stations
desks etc. with terminals so tellers when people doing transactions the information would be entered via the terminals and
then went out phone system and then via Vsat back to central location in southern Ca

Anyhow, that meant every night and all weekends I was stuck many times in small western towns, I mean they still moved cattle
through the streets. Many banks were so old that the banks of 1850s were still in the basements and newer bank built on top of them
This meant when the woman at the banks were not jumping me (often) :)
Your stuck doing nothing, so I bought the below Cannon AE-1, more lens, even long zooming one and would take countless
photos of old western history, areas few people lived, etc
But then I had no way of getting the film developed as either towns had no place for that or I would be gone in day or two
so I bought what was needed and in motel room bathrooms I would develop the film and even made the photos larger

That AE-1 always worked perfect, and I was surprised in not using it for like 25 plus years the small 6 volt battery I measured
still outputted 6 volts
Maybe so old that it is worth a fortune and I sell it and then spend big bucks on racing Corvettes :)
Imagine this is older than James :)

BTW, did you know here in the USA that 90 percent of those working in banks are women ?
And when a guy comes to town and only there for few days, are they Animals ! :)

CannonAe1.jpg

Roscobbc

Back in '80 when our first child was born I 'invested' in a (then) 'state of the art' automatic Mamiya ZE SLR........kinda hoped that I'd get more than the 1 or 2 worthwhile photos out of 12 or 16 in the old Kodak.......and yes with 36 exposures to choose from........did I get a higher number of good photo's? - 3 or 4 perhaps!

1665174033736.png

antijam

CCCUK Member
One of my earliest cameras was a Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/16 from the late '40's or early '50's.....

P1370838.JPG
It took 120 film and had nothing to prevent double exposures, so depending on how enthusiastic I was at about 9 or 10 years old, results could be a bit hit and miss.
Over the years I've collected many SLR bodies and lenses - mainly Pentax 35mm - but one of my all-time favourites is this exquisite little Pentax 110 Super Auto SLR....

P1370841.JPG

It comes with five interchangeable lenses - including a zoom! - and has its own dedicated flash unit and auto winder. The 50p emphasises the scale - it's almost a spy camera. It's a serious piece of precision engineering though and can wring remarkable detail from the 110 format. Although 110 film is very limited these days I still love to give it an outing now and again. :)

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Occasionaly my dad would allow me to use his Zeis bellows camera of that era with dire instructions to look after it under pain of death ! It was my first experiences with a proper camera and using a hand held light meter to determins shutter speeds and aperture settings . Being a larger format film camera that produced fine qualitty black & white prints meant that on a good day I took some of earliest and best photos .

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I am a pack rat and never throw things away
I cannot even recall when I bought this, might be late 1960s ?
Still looks new, wonder if they still sell film packs for this ?
Polaroid.jpg

I was blown away !

You guys really make things ! :)

UK.jpg

Roscobbc

Kodak in the UK were a major player and manufacturer of cameras in the UK - Ilford Films too - both companies were major employers here.

Roscobbc

My late father in law bought one of those Polaroid cameras.......novel for its time (having to wait a couple of minutes for your fully developed photo rather than a week to get a roll of film developed). Picture quality was a bit naff and the image would eventually fade away unless stored somewhere dark.
1665180782659.png

antijam

CCCUK Member
A Kodak engineer actually invented the first digital camera but the advent of mass digital technology led to their downfall. From being the major player in 'silver halide' technology they found themselves as just another manufacturer with digital technology readily available to anyone who wanted to put a camera together, and the competition proved too strong.