Nice looking Vettes with Attitude here please

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Agreed, they nailed it with the 67 hood. I think the earlier hood introduced for the big block 396ci in 1965 was rushed through. Carried over for the 427ci for 1966 as it was supposed to be the last year for the mid year. Once agreed to carry the design over into 1967 they decided to make the last year a one off. Re designed side gills, repositioned back up light, centralised parking brake, and a all new Big Block hood.
The 1967 is considered the best of the mid year corvettes.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
And if you didn’t have a big block in your corvette, get a BB hood, and look good at the traffic lights. Pull away slowly, you have nothing to prove. You’ve got the motor. 😂

Roscobbc

I would imagine that a big block C2 coupe 'without' air conditioning must be a 'challenging environment' to drive in really hot summer weather without the benefit of T roofs or a ragtop?

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I would imagine that a big block C2 coupe 'without' air conditioning must be a 'challenging environment' to drive in really hot summer weather without the benefit of T roofs or a ragtop?
They were diabolical. Been in a few over the years. Most owners invested in some sort of aftermarket system.

Roscobbc

They were diabolical. Been in a few over the years. Most owners invested in some sort of aftermarket system.
One of the few cars in winter (after perhaps 15 minutes of engine warm-up) that doesn't actually need a heater in winter. During summer the T roofs on mine are off on every journey (except when raining) yes, C3 much the same in traffic jams even with roofs off........

Last edited:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
“Little Birds” ( 1955-57) Thunderbirds were also notorious for cooking their occupants if the hard top was on. Especially the 1955 model. Manually operated vent flaps in the front wings were fitted for the 1956 year to help combat the problem. They worked extremely well, letting in outside air.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Looking like a good hood shood . (y) And one looking like an upturned dinghy . (n) And one the size of wardrobe that still didn`t cover the induction . :LOL: DSC_1421.JPGDSC_1416.JPGDSC_1416.JPGDSC_1406.JPGAs seen at Pistons & Propsat the weekend.