Nice looking Vettes with Attitude here please

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
That TAZ racing Vette has been around a good few years........anyone have details?
Unfortunately not . There seemed to be no public access to the paddock / assembly area so couldn`t get to chat with drivers . A pity as it would have good to catch up with Nic and Dan of Williams Brothers Speed Shop who were running their 55 Chevy . They did my new carb set up DSC_1401.JPGand tuning on my C3 .DSC_1445.JPG

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Probably taken when it was just a old car, not thought of anything more than an ole vette.
Great to see old picture like that. Back in the day, cameras were expensive, and cumbersome and developing more so, especially polaroid films, as they self developed and the picture on the polaroid was very small. I remember when I first got one, I think the film had twelve shots on it. I used that in about 3 minutes. All rubbish shots of nothing much.

Today everyone has a camera on them by way of the phone. If I had one back then I would have some fantastic shots of cars through the years.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I remember my first camera - just a simple "click and wind" slimline camera. I think at most it did 24 shots, but that was when I was a teenager. Like you said, with modern digital cameras and phones, I would have taken so many more photos. But the problem is, do we really go back and look at all our masses of digital photos much? But with the old film photos, because there was hardly any (expense etc), then you cherish them more.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
What I do, is get my digital pictures printed in “normal prints” not all of them, I pick out the ones which I would like to keep hard copies of.
Got that app from free prints that gives you 30 free a month, all you pay is for the postage which is very reasonable. If you want more than 30 a month printed you pay for the additional ones. Again a very reasonable charge.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Sounds like a solid plan. Its the "normal prints" that we enjoy the most, as we see them more often, as often they are put up somewhere around the house to see etc.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Is it cheap because they sell your photos that you upload to their system? Always something shady going on. Looks cool though.

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I remember my first camera - just a simple "click and wind" slimline camera. I think at most it did 24 shots, but that was when I was a teenager. Like you said, with modern digital cameras and phones, I would have taken so many more photos. But the problem is, do we really go back and look at all our masses of digital photos much? But with the old film photos, because there was hardly any (expense etc), then you cherish them more.
Kodak InstaMatic by the sound of it . I had one in my yoof . Thet were 24 shots cassette film .