Nice looking Vettes with Attitude here please

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Film director james Cameron had a black one.
Pretty impractical without any form of top in most places except socal where probably most of them were sold.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I saw the beautiful metallic green one that was for sale in Dallas many many years ago. Mega $$$ at the time, but sure was pretty. Looked ultra fast standing still.
Was always tempted to get a callaway with the Aero body on after seeing Brian Neighbours black coupe after he had the kit installed. What put me off was nearly all of them were manual, and I’m an auto man.
Did see a blue auto rag top for sale in Colorado last year, big money tho, horrible exchange rate. I hesitated and it sold. Never mind.

Vetman

CCCUK Member
The beautiful shape of Corvettes is lost when the paint scheme is too elaborate. Similarly, aggressive body mods detract from the beauty in most cases. Having said that, a field of standard Corvettes can be a bit boring.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Rows of the same model can be pretty boring, as only their colours separate them. Probably the majority of radical body modifications as well a paint jobs stem from the 1970’s. This certainly applies stateside during that period as C1’s ( apart from 1953-55 models) and the majority of Sting Rays were cheap as chips. Early C3’s again quite cheap once a few years old.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I'm guessing by the ZZ502 on the bonnet that that Corvette has the 502 engine in it? If so, be interesting to see the engine bay and how they shoehorned that in there. Oh and if anyone wants to shoehorn one into my C3 - please feel free.

Roscobbc

I'm guessing by the ZZ502 on the bonnet that that Corvette has the 502 engine in it? If so, be interesting to see the engine bay and how they shoehorned that in there. Oh and if anyone wants to shoehorn one into my C3 - please feel free.
No shoehorn needed Capt. 502 is same size block as 427 and 454......where is can go all wrong is with non-stock inlet manifolds (most are too high requiring an even taller hood than the LT1/big block hood. Also if using taller than stock valve covers (perhaps for clearing roller rockers/stud girdle/extra high lift cam) brake booster clearance can be problematic.

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
No shoehorn needed Capt. 502 is same size block as 427 and 454......where is can go all wrong is with non-stock inlet manifolds (most are too high requiring an even taller hood than the LT1/big block hood. Also if using taller than stock valve covers (perhaps for clearing roller rockers/stud girdle/extra high lift cam) brake booster clearance can be problematic.
That makes sense that it is using the same block as the 427 and 454. I guess my use of the word "shoehorn" was wrong, but my subtle begging of "if someone wants to fit one in my 1968 C3, I'd be most grateful" still applies :ROFLMAO:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Those PO2 wheel trims are nice. I once bought a set in a pawn shop in Clearwater for $25. I’m pretty sure I’ve still got them. Bought a set for a 65 Stang for $5 at our local ( oldsmar) flea market. Those were the days.

Mr. Cricket

Committee Member
Those PO2 wheel trims are nice. I once bought a set in a pawn shop in Clearwater for $25. I’m pretty sure I’ve still got them. Bought a set for a 65 Stang for $5 at our local ( oldsmar) flea market. Those were the days.
I went through a phase of wearing PO2's on my '71 mainly as I went with redlines which while not correct I was just fed up with trying to keep raised white letters white. First set I restored and were actually Impala covers but new centre caps sorted that out.

20181208_201018_resized.jpg

Then I came across a set in like new condition but with solid billet aluminium centre caps replacing the chrome over plastic caps

20200218_095237_resized.jpg

They're not for everyone and they are heavy compared to Derby caps & beauty rings. I should sell the restored set really being surplus to requirements