Other classic cars

Roscobbc

Back in the mid 80's I used to drive a '73 Shadow around quite a lot......and yes, it was a every bit as quiet and smooth as one would expect from a Rolls. A buddy came round home one evening with his newly bought '75/'76 Lincoln Town Car. This was certainly a nice car (if large 4 door cars are your 'thing').....and whilst no comparison with the Roller in terms of the interior quality it suprisingly had a far better and smoother ride than the Shadow and was it equal regarding silence in the cabin.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Very few car manufacturers came close to finishing a cars interior like Rolls Royce & Bentley. Aston Martin, Bristol, and at the lower end of retail price Jaguar. XJ6 interiors were lovely.
Buts let be fair, they should be lovely . in their time they cost more than the average house.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
A little bit Too outrageous for me, I prefer the 1960. There was a series in the Eighties called B L Stryker starring the late great Burt Reynolds, Set in Florida. In it he drove a bit battered up 1960 white Eldorado convertible. Great car, great series.

Roscobbc

A little bit Too outrageous for me, I prefer the 1960. There was a series in the Eighties called B L Stryker starring the late great Burt Reynolds, Set in Florida. In it he drove a bit battered up 1960 white Eldorado convertible. Great car, great series.
I'm with Nassau on the '60 - reality of course is that they are both totally outrageous........but to me the '60 in a rag top or coupe has such fantastic flowing lines from the windscreen right doen to the tail........where as the '59 is kinda over the top with its rear light treatment.
1960-cadillac-coupe-deville

Cadilla-1959-20-scaled.jpg

Roscobbc

If you drove it in certain parts of the UK - yes, you'd get your ass kicked too.........but then a crowd would kick the doors-in.....and perhaps torch it.....not because it offends the eyes......no, because it represents someone who has enough money to buy it......and they don't.....the crowd probably wouldn't know what it is - or what it was supposed to be.

phild

CCCUK Member
If you drove it in certain parts of the UK - yes, you'd get your ass kicked too.........but then a crowd would kick the doors-in.....and perhaps torch it.....not because it offends the eyes......no, because it represents someone who has enough money to buy it......and they don't.....the crowd probably wouldn't know what it is - or what it was supposed to be.

Indeed, sadly true. :confused:

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
If you want something, earn it.
Unfortunately the younger generation today feel they are entitled to a lot of stuff they can't afford. So either trash people's stuff they see that they can't afford, or get into huge amounts of debt buying stuff and blame everyone else when they can't afford anything more. Or worse, nick other people's stuff.

phild

CCCUK Member
Unfortunately the younger generation today feel they are entitled to a lot of stuff they can't afford. So either trash people's stuff they see that they can't afford, or get into huge amounts of debt buying stuff and blame everyone else when they can't afford anything more. Or worse, nick other people's stuff.
Unfortunately not just youngsters these days. Seems to be the view of some that 'if I can't have something nice then neither can you,'

Police seem unwilling/unable to bother with vehicle damage/theft other than providing a crime number. I predict an increase in baseball bat sales, time to invest in those that manufacture them. :)

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
Police seem unwilling/unable to bother with vehicle damage/theft other than providing a crime number. I predict an increase in baseball bat sales, time to invest in those that manufacture them. :)
Coincidentally, I do keep a baseball bat in the corner of my bedroom..... but its more for a long running in-joke with some people.