Other classic cars

James Vette

CCCUK Member
I think they made the bumper with a material called endura which made it act like a pillow and it was said to go back to normal if bumped but obviously if hit hard it would be no good.

James Vette

CCCUK Member
Yeah just a gimmick I guess. I think they painted the car body all the way through so minor scrapes or chips would be hard to notice. Yes you could actually use your car as a car without being so precious and scared to use it.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I think they made the bumper with a material called endura which made it act like a pillow and it was said to go back to normal if bumped but obviously if hit hard it would be no good.

Bumper changes were not solely in the hands of the nameplates
It was the fricking feds who mandated changes to design to lower low speed damage, being safer in crashes and reduce insurance company claims costs to repair

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I know the front and back bumpers on my 65 have touched a few things over the years. They have always come out OK after their little “ touches” tho.🤞

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
I've not hit a wall or fence with my chrome bumper yet.... but very almost drove into the back of another classic car at one of the first shows I did not long after getting the car. I was queuing for the arena parade, and all the cars were stop starting as we headed there. At one point all the spectators lined up near us started to panic wave at me to stop. I hadn't noticed as was concentrating on driving and had already gone for the brake anyway as my natural stopping point.... then observed the relief in the spectators, and my wife (passenger) told me they had just started to panic. Not sure how close I was, but the crowd seemed a bit panicked :ROFLMAO:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I drove a 1975 Lincoln Continental MK1V a little while ago. Wow, a monster nowadays, took me a while to adjust for its size. Looking back I can’t imagine that I drove cars that size .

I drove a 1975 Lincoln Continental MK1V a little while ago. Wow, a monster nowadays, took me a while to adjust for its size. Looking back I can’t imagine that I drove cars that size every day.
A few months ago this monster appeared on a near nieghbours drive when his mate visted . They had to demolish three cottages in our village so it could get through . 🤣 DSCF2792.JPGDSCF2793.JPG

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Proper car. Nothing drives like a full size sedan. Like gliding on air. Unfortunately they are dinosaurs nowadays. That Cadillac looks fantastic, and it’s Blue. Love it.
I got chatting to the owner when I asked if I could take the photos . It is totally original inside and out complete with all the factory stickers in engine bay and all other instructions in the car and trunk . A genuine time warp car with insanely low mileage .

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
I got chatting to the owner when I asked if I could take the photos . It is totally original inside and out complete with all the factory stickers in engine bay and all other instructions in the car and trunk . A genuine time warp car with insanely low mileage .
As much as I love Corvettes, I’ve always been a full size car guy, you can’t beat them. So much luxury and smoothness.
That caddy is a real beauty.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
That Caddy had more toys and luxery gizmo`s than a modern day Merc or Bentley . We were so far behind the times in car design .

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Like my 1993 Deville 60 Special

It is a tank, but I use it to go shopping and boy you can put lots of things in it
If too much weight in filling the trunk, a controller has auto load leveling will jack the shocks up so ass end is not dragging on the ground
Gas mileage, around town 12 MPG

Real bitch though as 4.9 L engine sits sideways as front wheel drive and zero room just to change sparkplugs and wires :(
But with about 250,000 miles on it the engine runs fine, uses just a bit of oil
I custom tuned the ECM calibration, so it can beat newer cars off a stoplight :)

So long will not fit fully in garage and be able to close the overhead door :-(

93caddy.jpg