Other classic cars

Oneball

CCCUK Member
So POE 510G was your actual first car?
My sister and I bought a little Peugeot between us when we were 17 to learn to drive. Then I saved a bit more and bought the Beetle about 6 months later. The guy I bought it off had had it since 1970, his son worked for Tickford and they repainted it in the late 80s 884A9FD7-B0FB-47F7-9FE5-495DA3E226DD.jpeg

antijam

CCCUK Member
Nice to know it's still on the road - and cared for by the look of it?

My first car went to the scrapper a few months after I got it - bought with the heart rather than the head. :(

My second car, bought in 1966, is also still on the road.....

IMGP2661.JPG

... but that's because I still own it...:);)

Roscobbc

Majority of cars I bought can said to have truthfully been saved from an uncertain death in the the 'scrapper yard'..........I'd be really surprised if any of them survived for any appreciable length of time after I sold them on..............

CaptainK

CCCUK Member
My first car I bought for myself was written off by a drunk lorry driver driving the wrong way down a dual carriageway in a head on with my car. Shame, as I loved that car, had modded it lots, and wanted to keep it forever. My second car I bought for myself I know is still on the road.... well, actually its in my garage at the moment. My 3rd car got exported, so dunno what its doing now. My 4th was a cheapy banger that I bought for a laugh and kept for a bit before it died and got scrapped. 5th was only bought to do up a bit and sell on, dunno where it is now. Finally my 6th car is still with me and sat in the garage with my 2nd car.

As you can tell, I can't be bothered to swap cars that often. I have technically had other cars too, but they weren't bought purely BY me FOR me.

Letank

CCCUK Member
How bizzare! I was just scrolling through my Facebook newsfeed and someone had posted these pictures from the 2018 Warwick Classic Car Show. I thought to myself, that’s Oneball’s Beetle! 😂28D85459-9626-44B0-85F0-6D8287154230.jpeg

Roscobbc

My first car I bought for myself was written off by a drunk lorry driver driving the wrong way down a dual carriageway in a head on with my car. Shame, as I loved that car, had modded it lots, and wanted to keep it forever. My second car I bought for myself I know is still on the road.... well, actually its in my garage at the moment. My 3rd car got exported, so dunno what its doing now. My 4th was a cheapy banger that I bought for a laugh and kept for a bit before it died and got scrapped. 5th was only bought to do up a bit and sell on, dunno where it is now. Finally my 6th car is still with me and sat in the garage with my 2nd car.

As you can tell, I can't be bothered to swap cars that often. I have technically had other cars too, but they weren't bought purely BY me FOR me.
I remember many years ago being the offside rear seat passenger in a buddies old Hillman Minx on a rather dark winters evening trip from East London to a rock 'n' roll pub in Brighton. The A21 was mainly a single carriageway road back then and on a long sweeping right hand bend a tipper truck going far too fast in the opposite direction and was way over the centre line of the road. The trucks steel tipper 'bed' swiped the Hillmans front driver side wing mirror off its stalk and ripped-off the offside passenger door handle (right next to where I was sitting).........so, so close to certain death but no body damage at all!

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Got pulled up late one night by a officer like that in Georgia, just shy of the state line with Florida. Everything was “boy” . Relieved me of $300, then told me to “git” when I asked for a receipt. As he was waving a Winchester pump at the time, away I went, safely across the state line into FL. Happy days.

GCorvette

CCCUK Member
Got pulled up late one night by a officer like that in Georgia, just shy of the state line with Florida. Everything was “boy” . Relieved me of $300, then told me to “git” when I asked for a receipt. As he was waving a Winchester pump at the time, away I went, safely across the state line into FL. Happy days.
Simon-Gipps-Kent-Top-10-Foghorn-Leghorn-Quotes.png

teamzr1

Supporting vendor

Reason why you should carry moonshine when in those states and offered it to the cop and invited him to go eat some grits with you :)