Other classic cars

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
They are indeed unsightly, but they do what they were designed to do, offer some protection to the front/back of the vehicle.

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
I owned a Mitsubishi Starion Turbo back in the 80`s in this exact same colour . Now tell me somebody was not copying someone elses homework !! Starion.jpgChevy-Camaro-IROC-Z.jpg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Not sure who was copying who, the starion came out in 1983, the 3rd generation F body Camaro came out in 1982. The “wedge “ was very popular during the 1980’s.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
A Starion is a very rare sight in the UK these days and was pretty rare back in the day . I thoroughly enjoyed the few years I owned mine , it was my daily driver plus my workday transport when I was a Clerk of Works and regularly clocked up a 1000 miles a month travelling between construction sites . Thankfully I got paid fuel expenses .Then there was my personal mileage on top of that mileage . I traded it in before the mileage got too high . It always drew attention where ever I went and had cracking performance from the 4 pot 2 litre turbo engine . Interior was snug too with very comfortable and supportive leather bucket seats . I vaguely recall reading somewhere ages ago that it was the worlds most powerful production 4 cylinder engine at time of launch .

teamzr1

Supporting vendor

1970 Pontiac Pegasus Concept​

Designed under the direction of William L. Mitchell, GM Design Vice President, the Pegasus was built as a "design concept" study from a production 1970 Pontiac Firebird.
The front end, grille and fender vents were inspired by Ferrari designs. Enzo Ferrari contributed a 365 GTB/4 V12 engine to the project.
The engine was mated to a Ferrari 5-speed transmission and a GM posi-traction rear axle.

The 4-wheel disc brakes were from a Corvette, the wire wheels were from Borrani and the exhaust system, mufflers and instrument panel gauges were from Ferrari.

70concept.jpg1970_Pontiac_Pegasus_Concep.jpg

teamzr1

Supporting vendor

1992 Corvette Stingray III​

The Corvette Stingray Concept was developed as an internal design challenge to combine classic Corvette cues with surprisingly high-tech features, modern materials, and a striking new appearance.
The car is well-appointed with a clamshell hood, scissor-style doors, ergonomic seats, rear-view camera with night vision enhancement, and a high performance hybrid drive. Interactive touch controls allow the driver to customize the power and efficiency of his or her ride and share it with friends via the in-car camera system and advanced telemetrics.

1992_Corvette_Stingray.jpg

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep

1992 Corvette Stingray III​

The Corvette Stingray Concept was developed as an internal design challenge to combine classic Corvette cues with surprisingly high-tech features, modern materials, and a striking new appearance.
The car is well-appointed with a clamshell hood, scissor-style doors, ergonomic seats, rear-view camera with night vision enhancement, and a high performance hybrid drive. Interactive touch controls allow the driver to customize the power and efficiency of his or her ride and share it with friends via the in-car camera system and advanced telemetrics.

View attachment 16271
Oh yes ! Like that a lot . A bit Dodge Viper ish . (y)

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
The almost mid-engine Corvette

1968 Chevrolet Astro II Experimental​

The Astro II was designed in collaboration between GM Design and GM Research as a prototype for possible production mid-engine Corvette vehicles of the 1970’s.
The test bed car had a welded steel backbone frame, a radiator mounted in the rear and a Mark IV V8 engine driving the rear wheels via a 2-speed transaxle.
The aft body section of the Astro II could be raised directly behind the passenger compartment to access engine and rear storage areas.
The height of the vehicle was but a mere 43.7 inches.

1968_Chevrolet_Astro_II_Exp.jpg1968_Chevrolet_Astro_II4.jpg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
The Chrysler group certainly did produce some appealing cars, problem was the build quality on some of them. Some dashboards were a little plain. Their BB motors were/are legendary for there strength/performance and THIRST.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Chrysler got labeled as the cars for the grandparents, us youngsters would never be caught driving one ! :)
If I had to make a choice from one of them or this, take the racer any time

1902_Pirate_Beach1.jpg

Or remember this ?
Add reverb to the AM radio
take hot chicks to the drive-in movies, never ask us what the movie was about as we would not know ! :)

1962_Oldsmobile_Starfire1.jpg

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
1962 star fire, a absolutely beautiful car. Always liked it. Looks fantastic in black with the stainless side trim. Oldsmobiles were great cars. I ran a cutlass T-Top coupe as my daily for about 9 years. Sold it on a whim, regretted it 5 minutes after I sold it.

Roscobbc

I always liked the relative simplicity of the '61 Olds front end and the complicated rear end treatment

112641_Rear_3-4_Web.jpg

ebay284851.jpg

60022242-770-0@2X.jpg