Other classic cars

James Vette

CCCUK Member
EF2DCC55-8CDD-4257-B2AF-2CB63C84A5F5.jpeg00478944-B701-4838-9D40-D8E63B9A5D77.jpegC3162BC6-529B-4EB0-A424-3BD05E2BD057.jpeg

Wish I could go back to when these cars were daily drivers. Actual vehicles used in dazed and confused 1993.
Just found a video of one for sale and it put a big grin on my face. Video here

Last edited:

Roscobbc

View attachment 16416View attachment 16417View attachment 16418

Wish I could go back to when these cars were daily drivers. Actual vehicles used in dazed and confused 1993.
Thing is...........they were only ever used by very few people over here in the uk as 'daily drivers' - it was only the very lucky 'few' who were well heeled enough 'here' to be able to 'buy-in' to this car culture (or even know about it). The UK was full of relatively impoverished people - the country still had a relatively high number of people working in industrial (altough rapidly failing) market. Most people were totally unaware of what was going on in the USA. UK's 'mindset' re. fancy 'performance' type cars would have been directed to Mini's, Anglia's, Cortina's and Jags...........just like today's 'performance' minded buyer looks at BMW's, Audi's, and Merc's.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Atomic orange was a great Color on the GTO. A great Diecast of the convertible in Atomic Orange was produce by GMP. Quite sort after now as is the actual car.
When they were daily drivers stateside, gas was just cents a gallon, wasn’t even worth worrying about. All that changed with the first oil crisis of 73

antijam

CCCUK Member
When John DeLorean 'borrowed' the GTO name from Ferrari it was inevitable there would be comparisons drawn....
In reality the cars are like chalk and cheese. For the average enthusiast the Ferrari is an unattainable dream but the Pontiac can still be yours for reasonable money. (easier to find one too!) :sneaky:(y)

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
When new, American cars were quite expensive in our country, dads 1970 impala ( fully loaded) from lendrum and Hartman was about £2000, about the same as the equivalent jaguar. Once a few years old with heavy depreciation they were a lot of car for a little money. Of course fuel consumption was part of the depreciation curve as running them was more expensive . Dads impala did 16/17 around north London his friends big Zodiac Executive did about 21 and a XJ6 4:2 was again well under 20mpg, so the impala wasn’t that bad.

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Here’s a 1970 impala same Color as Dads. His had the beautiful Brocade interior in green. Every option available was on it. 350ci auto. He loved that car, in fact he liked it so much, he bought it back from Lendrums after he traded it in.
AD8AF7AE-592E-49EE-869F-67DED044129E.jpeg

Last edited:

Nassau65

CCCUK Member
Yeh, it’s just something that’s never really appealed to me. Yet I like the 1970 Monte Carlo. A friend in Miami has a lovely Chevelle 454, red, black vinyl top and interior. He’s had it 25+ years, absolutely loves it.

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
Chevelle’s have never done anything for me, although they were great powerful cars, especially with those monster motors.

Was better than this SOB !
I had one for a very short time, like early 1970s, living in Chicago area
One winter night with 2 buddies who were crammed into the so-called back seat in heavy snow fall
Was on a highway and 3 times this MF'er just cut loose and spun out :-(
Dumped it as soon as I could !
Also would dump exhaust into the cabin area

1969_Chevrolet_Corvair1.jpg