Tim’s 2023 Season

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Those swamp coolers work by a process of evaporation. Which cools the incoming air. It’s reliant on there not being too much humidity which has always made me wonder why they’re called swamp coolers.

Photo in Octane magazine this month

A55D9705-48E8-4136-8E3F-08569049EF0D.jpeg

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Last race of the year at Donington and I shared the car with a mate.

I did 3 laps of qualifying and then handed over to my mate as he’d never sat in the car before. He qualified 22nd out of 26th in front of a gaggle of Mustangs.
IMG_4077.jpeg
Mmk9zX2-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg
He was going to do race 1, and got mugged at the start by the 390GT who had held me up in qualifying, quicker on the straights it slow in corners. Eventually he got past and started to close on the Plymouth Barracuda. The safety car then came out for a few laps amd with the time left he wasn’t able to get further up the field and finished a really good 17th. Car is pretty much on the pace now. He said seeing a Highland Green 390GT filling his rearview mirror was a thing he’ll never forget.

We went off for lunch and I’d do race two. The heavens opened and didn’t stop raining. I’m still not great in the wet and fell to the back at the first corner. I had a little fight with one of the NASCARs but that was about it and ended up last but in 12th place.
T2M63bF-0%21sizeoriginal.jpeg
Roll on next year.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
I was supposed to be doing a driving day with the Club but unfortunately when I can to get the car out of the garage I found this.

IMG_4257.jpeg

Seems one of the piston seals has failed in a front calliper.
IMG_4258.jpeg

So had to cancel.

On more bonus race coming. No Vette content though.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
The mate who shared my car at Donington was back there the following week racing and I got to do the 2nd race.
IMG_4212.jpeg

Bit different from the Vette. 750cc Supercharged Austin 7. Because I qualified out of session I was starting from last place. 20th to 6th was a stonking result, 2 more laps and I reckon I’d have got 4th. I’m at least happy ending the season with the feeling I can still drive a race car!

Race start at 7.33.00

Alexm

CCCUK Member
Hi Tim
If you don’t mind me asking?
Or want to pm me?
What did you pay for your roll cage and roughly what your race fees per race were this year?
Know it changes per event.
Thanks