Tim’s 2023 Season

Oneball

CCCUK Member
I looked for you this morning and was in that garage looking at the red and white C3 and the Weisberg car but you were nowhere to be seen. I have been drumming up the CCCUK supporters club by the way !!!
We only got here about 2pm. Just erecting a tent, in daylight for once!

John lee

New user
Had a good day at Donington doing some testing at the invitation of Bernie’s V8s a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately my race pads still hadn’t arrived from the States so braking was somewhat limited but was fun to get into 4th gear!
View attachment 21529

Hoping to find a trailer that the car fits in before the first event as I have to stick the stock wheels on to get it on this one.
View attachment 21528
it's a great experienc
Had a good day at Donington doing some testing at the invitation of Bernie’s V8s a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately my race pads still hadn’t arrived from the States so braking was somewhat limited but was fun to get into 4th gear!
View attachment 21529

Hoping to find a trailer that the car fits in before the first event as I have to stick the stock wheels on to get it on this one.
View attachment 21528
it's a great experience

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
We only got here about 2pm. Just erecting a tent, in daylight for once!
At least you made it today . (y) I left about 1 ish after grabbing a coffee and a bun in the paddock cafe . will look you up tomorrow . Good luck with the quals as will be busy on club stand first half of morning getting ready for parade laps.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Race day, up bright and early after being woken by Mike Brewer on a loop telling you to get you’re tickets ready on the app, Mike if you’re reading put a cork in it!

Line up in the collecting area in grid order.

98605ED5-A781-4F13-AB24-DAE4A36F8B0D.jpeg

It’s not often you see a 935 out the windscreen.

B61455F1-810E-409E-BC0F-8F66CC2FE293.jpeg

Glenn had an issue straight away with his brakes that not only put him at the back but caused him a spin getting round the green flag lap.

I forgot that despite coming out of the old pits the actual start is over the other side so complete missed the flag being dropped. Back to last. I had a little dice for a couple of laps with a Lola who I then got passed and stayed on my own pretty much the whole race apart from being lapped by the faster stuff. I was getting pretty tired towards the end and slowed down a bit at which point the Lola that I’d overtaken at the beginning got past on the last lap. Bugger!

Still, finished the race and an enjoyable experience. Car is getting better and I have some changes to make for the next race.

Last edited:

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Great pics Tim and glad you enjoyed the experience despite getting lost on the way to the start line !! I wouldn`t mind getting lapped up by Lola , I hear she`s quite a girl ! 😁
As for getting Mike `Motormouth ` Brewer to put a sock in it , you got no chance !!. :mad:

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Great pics Tim and glad you enjoyed the experience despite getting lost on the way to the start line !! I wouldn`t mind getting lapped up by Lola , I hear she`s quite a girl ! 😁
As for getting Mike `Motormouth ` Brewer to put a sock in it , you got no chance !!. :mad:
She walks like a woman but talks like a man ;)

Oneball

CCCUK Member
What are your changes for the next race then?
Going to lower it a bit. I’d increased the rear compression damping before Silverstone which made it better and we might increase it a bit more.

Brakes are ok now. Had brake fade at Oulton which I think was air in the system. Had vacuum bleed the brakes previously but I think that can suck in air past the lip seals so bleed them traditionally last week and they were fine for a 40 min race at the weekend.

Still going without the power steering for Donington though, that’ll be a winter project.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
She walks like a woman but talks like a man ;)
Lola wasn`t the only drag act at Silverstone , there was an awesome display of Dragsters , Street / Strip cars and Rods on display with 16 in total doing `fire ups ` at regular intervals each day over during the event . It was good to see Drag Racing being featured at Silverstone again . The little Ford Thames panel van was really something pushing out 1400 BHP and running terminal speeds of 150 mph . My ears are still ringing . :LOL:DSC_3116.JPGDSC_3117.JPGDSC_3118.JPGDSC_3119.JPGDSC_3120.JPGDSC_3122.JPGDSC_3123.JPGDSC_3247.JPGDSC_3248.JPGDSC_3245.JPG

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Real shame. We never got over there. We missed a load of stuff with Nic being ill Saturday and me being ill Sunday.

Chuffer

CCCUK regional rep
Real shame. We never got over there. We missed a load of stuff with Nic being ill Saturday and me being ill Sunday.
What bad luck Tim . There was also some stunning custom cars too . This Studebaker was built Corvette C4 running gear and engine and was a real eye popper. The appendage on the passenger side is a primitive form of air con that can be filled with iced water and the slip stream drives a fan that blows cool air into the cabin . A really cool idea . 🤣 DSC_3114.JPGDSC_3115.JPG