Tim’s 2023 Season

teamzr1

Supporting vendor
I think I will have to pass both of you as I am in a hurry to get back home :)

I did not know they made these 2 vettes with steering wheel on the passenger side :)

1ball.jpg

Last edited:

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Brands Hatch GP

Got there just after lunch on Friday and dropped the car in the paddock.

86E887FE-6EB6-4E2E-B284-F8BDB606D15D.jpeg

Race day, Saturday morning and qualifying. It’s a 2 driver 40 min race so we both did 10 mins of qualifying. My half was mainly spent behind the safety car. The car turns in a lot better than last time after finding the front tracking was miles out. But it then falls over itself and understeer appears. We qualified 43rd from 46. It’s a shared grid with the Calm Porsche Trophy. Lots of little Boxsters flying around.

Quali might have been hot and sunny but 10 mins before the race it started peeing it down. And the wipers aren’t working again!! Despite a new motor!! We do two green flag laps and we’re off.
89D91D0A-D019-4DBF-B96D-0D4FD63E3816.jpeg

I loose two places to a couple of 924s and and am now last. The understeer is pretty dire in the wet and turn 4 would be quicker to get out and walk. But I’m having a pretty good battle with a Boxster. Various places gained as others spin. And it’s time for driver change. I fluff it and loose 10 secs in the pit stop which can’t quite be made back and we finish 36th just 1 second behind the Boxster I’d been battling with before the stop.

Fortunately it stops raining long enough to pack up in the dry.

And home via the pub for dinner.
2E9157C0-7F87-44A6-AF38-B52F0FE71FBA.jpeg
3B4187E7-FCA3-44AA-B0BC-9B0A6FE2D428.jpeg

Last edited:

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
I always say it….the C3 likes much more caster than GM designed it with. Problem is you can’t get with the stock A-arms though.
Have you got a rear anti-roll bar?

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Caster isn’t always a great thing in a road car.

You can get a reasonable amount of caster and camber with the stock arms, which are a lot better than some of the aftermarket stuff out there.

Forrest Gump

CCCUK regional rep
I meant to say "can't get much" caster with the stock arms, and the resulting uneven shim stacks don't look too pretty. I'm on the maximum recommended 0.4" difference front to back shim stack, and the car benefits greatly from that. I've seen a mod to elongate the holes in the spindle, but I'm not sure I like the idea of doing that.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Oulton Park US Autoshow.

Well that didn’t entirely go to plan!

Headed up on Friday afternoon. And got to Oulton about 3pm. Unloaded the car and headed to the hotel. We were going to camp but the weather forecast wasn’t optimal for tented accommodation!

4952AF0E-0833-4A0C-9F2E-C72C586E902F.jpeg