Tim’s 2023 Season

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Have you checked to see if any suspension misalignment of left rear ?
I always check the geometry before a race but it didn’t get anywhere near the wheel or chassis. It only hit the very rear but bent the wing around the wheel liner/bulkhead

johng

CCCUK Member
So where were you today Tim? Saw your car on track and in the paddock, but you were like the Scarlet Pimpernel. Several of us made numerous trips to the paddock, but couldn't catch you.
Glad to see that the threat of my granddaughter's drawing persuaded you to do the pinstripes after all though!

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Sorry.

Probably keeping the Ms company or packing tent.

I did think at the end of the day I should’ve given you my phone number. It was all a bit chaotic the last week and over the weekend.

Just made it home!

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Speedfest 10.

Finally recovered from 2 weeks of bodywork and a weekend racing!

Friday morning at John’s insistence I put a tape line on the rear corner.
BE55547C-9368-48CC-B69D-E692059C40AC.jpeg

Got to Brands about 9pm on Friday night and due to them using half the paddock for the live action arena space was limited so basically dumped the car and then found a bit of grass to put the tent up.
6921CB49-9383-4202-8A9D-D9EC4AFFF83C.jpeg

Up early Saturday morning for scrutineering at 8am. All ok. Then drivers’ brief and into quali. Really didn’t like the feel of the car in higher speed corners. So qualified last, about 1s off the red big block C2. Coming down the start finish straight I thought the diff was exploding but then realised it was bits of rubber from the NASCARs.
819B153C-4D50-436B-82F9-471ABF2CE8F4.jpeg

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Didn’t see the drifting but there was a Mazda powered, Kevlar bodied C6
794E817D-E1BA-4AA7-8D20-6F9F2E09B44E.jpeg

Had lunch in our rather spiffing marque sponsored by Goodale American Speedshop.

Then it rained! What do you know, again wipers won’t work and when you turn them off they start moving a little. It’s done it before but every time I try to fault find there’s nothing wrong. (I’ve since found an internal short in the motor so new one ordered.)

On to race 1, it’s wet, I don’t like it and I pootle round!

Dinner, race awards, chocolate from the Dubler team that joined us from Switzerland and then some live music

B367822E-F53C-475E-98C6-330543BB383D.jpeg

Off to bed and another night in the tent, boy did it rain!!

Oneball

CCCUK Member
Sunday, day 2, breakfast!
2E02E6A9-A751-4FCE-B013-B36DAB19EB6E.jpeg

Had a nosey at some of the display cars and I find it a bit weird how 20 years ago if you saw an American classic it was immaculate even if it was a pink Caddy! Where as now it seems to be rusty crap that’s been dragged out of a hedge!!

Had a better look around the paddock, particularly liked the Petty coloured Plymouth
73D62B4E-8FD5-4E2C-A198-86EBA9E07B2D.jpeg

Race 2 was dry and sunny and hot. Did I mention it was hot. Really need to do something about that. I reckon 30 mins is about the limit in the Vette when it’s that warm. They’d fiddled the grid to put the faster cars towards the back. I didn’t like the idea of that, I just wanted to be left on my own. I was going to drop to the back but went with it. Along with a change to tyre pressures and being dropped in the deep end all of a sudden I was a lot more comfortable with the car. And then about 3 laps in there was a crash that red flagged the race. We were restarted and I managed to stay ahead of the red C2 and finish last but one but 11th from 19 starters. To finish first, first you must finish!

Photo from Simeon Chodosh
5BEB67F1-924A-46AE-987A-63DA3F59E26C.jpeg

Last edited:

Oneball

CCCUK Member
And then it rained! Again! Don’t remember weather like this for quite a while. So race 3 was wet and to be honest I just kept out the way. The gent in the red C2 decided not to give it a go at all but I thought that I should go on.

37611AA9-1F79-4BE3-BFFE-EF7CBAE6EF0C.jpeg

Got packed up and headed home via Reading services! And it rained again! Constantly!
8FF77C68-37FA-46B7-9D43-A7FE7FD169E6.jpeg

Sorry I missed everyone, I was basically collapsed in a chair under the trees on the outside of Paddock Hill most of the weekend.

I’m not really happy in the car at the moment. Partly lack of time to do any testing and partly just in my head I think. Long list of items to sort before the next race and plenty more pace to come from the car, back at Brands on 8th July.

Rich

Administrator
I was there and thought you did really well. What a treat to see so many Corvettes on the track together.

Oneball

CCCUK Member
I was there and thought you did really well. What a treat to see so many Corvettes on the track together.
I know I was well off where I should be, maybe the trailer accident has had a bit of an effect. It’ll get better.

It was good to see so many, there were drivers from Norway, Switzerland as well as the UK and Glenn brought his car all the way from the US.